Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is seeking a Regional Market Leader
for a strategic influencing leadership role to provide the vision and direction for the Property and Buildings Market
in GHD’s US West Region
. The key objective of this position is to increase top line growth, the depth of client relationships, expansion and improved portfolio mix. You will be responsible for driving and implementing market strategy and business development. This will include developing new clients and deepening existing relationships, as well as leading major pursuits and delivery of major projects as a project director. This position will sit in either Northern or Southern California
The Property and Buildings market encompasses municipal and commercial buildings; medical and institutional facilities; educational facilities; tech campuses, wineries; airport infrastructure; high-tech, laboratory and R&D facilities; industrial manufacturing and production facilities; and hospitality and hotel facilities.
- Develop and implement a targeted Regional Market Business Plan.
- Ensure a coordinated approach to maintaining client management systems to include capturing contact data and meetings with key clients. Identify and winning key clients to include establishing the cost of retention.
- Promote relationships with existing and potential clients in the Region. Increase business by improving client relationships and strengthening repeat business. Expand the client base by promoting GHD’s services proactively.
- Design and execution of a strategy to increase GHDs market share of private & public sector clients across the Region.
- Corporate business development relating to the Market, promoting growth and sustainable profitability.
- Collaborate with other Market Leaders to position and win multidisciplinary projects within the Region.
- Represent and promote GHD at networking events, professional and industrial associations, society meetings, conferences, and tradeshows.
- Technical leadership on projects as required. Direction and input on major tenders/bids or proactive client proposals.
- Identify areas of practice within the Region, based on client feedback or market trends (service lines) that require enhancement and resources to meet present and future opportunities.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to deploy Client Care surveys, feedback and appropriate follow-up.
- Promote seamless regional collaboration to ensure services provided by Project Managers will enhance GHD’s relationship with clients in Region.
- Develop and mentor people within the Regional Market Sector, including Relationship Managers, Business Group Leads, Project Directors and Project Managers.
- Promote and employ deliberate and informed client and pursuit leadership and management. Promote GHD’s Winning Work, Key Clients and CRM tenets for marketing and business development.
- Ensure team has the materials and resources necessary to deliver quality service.
- Coordinate professional organization and conference participation, speaking opportunities and attendance with region business group leaders and general managers.
- Attract strategic hires for the Market to develop the business within the Region.
Experience and Skills:
- Sustainable growth of Regional Market Sector gross revenue (top line).
- Manage and mitigate risks within the Regional Market.
- Assist and at times lead major projects to ensure delivery outcomes for region as directed by Regional General Manager
- Improve pursuit success rates and Market gross revenue.
- Effective management of any designated budgets.
- Effective influencing and collaboration with key stakeholders and peers.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Engineering or Architecture or similar technical field
- Minimum 15+ years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education, including 4 years of direct leadership
- Professional licensure a plus but not required (i.e. PE, AIA)
- Experienced in strategic business development, client relationships and driving sales revenue
- Ability to connect our people to the Property & Buildings market sector and build relationships across our business to maximize client outcomes, with a focus on client experience
- A strong technical background and experience in resourcing, leading and delivering projects is beneficial for this role
- Proven track record in project execution and marketing in the West region
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25% of the time
- Excellent relationship management skills and a real passion for developing people
- Strong focus on client service
Being the best we can be is in our culture. We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Training And Development
Customer Relationship Management