To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
580 Westvaco Road
Green River, WY 82935
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Genesis Alkali LLC • Green River, WY
Posted 24 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Genesis Alkali is the world’s largest natural soda ash mine and production site, offering a secure, reliable and diverse range of high-quality product choices. Alkali mines and processes trona ore and manufactures soda ash that is used in the production of glass, detergents, chemical manufacturing, pulp and paper production, and water treatment. It also produces sodium bicarbonate and other chemical compounds used in common industrial, agricultural, and household applications. Our main Alkali operations are in Green River, Wyoming, home of the world's largest trona ore deposit, with a corporate office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Genesis Alkali, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Genesis Energy, L.P., (NYSE: GEL). Genesis Energy is a growth-oriented master limited partnership headquartered in Houston, Texas. Through four divisions: offshore pipeline transportation, sodium minerals and sulfur services, marine transportation and onshore facilities and transportation, we provide an integrated suite of services to refineries, oil producers, and industrial and commercial enterprises. For more information visit www.genesisenergy.com or alkali.genesisenergy.com.
Why Join Genesis Alkali?
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, Vision, Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care) and Health Savings Accounts, and Pre-paid Legal, beginning first day of employment; company funds a portion of HSA
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan – Company makes Safe Harbor matching contributions (fully vested) of 100% up to the first 5% of eligible pay you contribute; additionally, Company makes discretionary contributions (three year vesting) of 5% of eligible pay, for a total of 10% Company contributions
- Tuition reimbursement program covering 100% of approved courses based on academic performance
- Numerous company discounts
Posting Title:Procurement Specialist*
Location: Green River, WY
Pay Grade(s): 16-19
Position Summary: This position oversees the ordering of materials across departments used in producing goods. The Procurement Specialist analyzes costs, negotiates contract details, and offers strategies and solutions to help the company better manage costs on supplies and vendor services.
- Responsible for sourcing, negotiations, contract formation, supplier management and forecasting for site related needs.
- Contract management and vendor management are key aspects of the role.
- Key commodity group responsibilities include MRO, Services, Repair-ables and Stores purchases.
- Support capital purchases as required
- Interactions with personnel range from the tactical to the strategic, involving communications with management.
- Individual capable of self-starting and acting independently on tasks and projects, able to drive compliance to Genesis policies and practices, and demonstrates the interpersonal savvy and agility to manage various interpersonal dynamics, competing priorities, and maintain consistency and collaboration with the rest of the purchasing organization at Green River.
- Advanced responsibilities may include:
- Other duties as assigned
- Conducts local/regional sourcing, including negotiating and contracting, for materials and services.
- Manage contracts and maintain vendor relationships critical to the site
- Ensures appropriate local sourcing process takes place according to Genesis purchasing policies and procedures
- Ensures the site implements and is compliant with any global/regional/local purchasing contracts
- Works with suppliers to resolve local supply issues, invoicing issues, tracks vendor reliability & performance as well as product/material/service quality
- Evaluates supplier performance data and drives improvements
- Identifies procurement savings opportunities, executing and documenting results
- Reviews and approves new vendor requests, assures supplier pre-qualification is performed and evaluated prior to adding new vendors, as applicable
- Works with other functional areas to streamline and improve process and ensure site is trained on procurement policies and processes
- Ensure proper order/transactional execution, data entry and follow-up reporting is done in a quality and timely manner
- Provide the information to report the budget and forecast information to the Controller’s department, as required
- Support relevant site quality systems, Safety Systems, or other such management systems where applicable.
- Participates in the safety programs and activities
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university OR High School diploma or equivalent (such as the GED) with 3 years of relevant functional procurement experience in a manufacturing setting
- Relevant functional procurement experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university OR High School diploma or equivalent (such as the GED) with 5-7years of relevant functional procurement experience in a manufacturing setting
- 5-7 years of relevant functional procurement experience in a manufacturing setting or project engineering firm focusing on capital project
- Strong working knowledge of SAP and MS office
- Practical knowledge of state-of-the-art procurement technology and practices as a business tool to improve overall profitability
Genesis Alkali is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or citizenship.