To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Windows Systems Engineer
Apex Systems • Atlanta, GA
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Title: Windows Systems Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
What you’ll be doing...
Guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions. As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. We combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
Looking for a Windows Systems Engineer who is passionate about Operations. If you have some experience with RHEL Linux and/or AWS we consider either of these a plus. If you have experience in best practice technical operations and love to collaborate with other teams, from design through the development process to production support we want to talk with you.
- Collaborate with teammates in SysOps, NetOps, and DevOps to provide world class Systems
- Administration for Windows and Linux Virtual machines and Physical Servers.
- Write scripts to automate installation, support and monitoring.
- Link multi-step and disparate process together across domains: network operations, monitoring, capacity planning and other operational processes
- Monitor, measure and optimize build and deploy systems and processes to maintain 99.99% availability
- Build or implement using tools and frameworks in support of your objectives.
- Work with Security and SysOps peers to Patch and harden systems in support of CIS standard benchmarks on the systems for which you are responsible.
- Continuous innovation and learning.
- Build continuous improvement and integration into your tools and processes
- Maintain disaster recovery plans and test them on a continual basis to ensure the minimum downtime
- Design, deployment, upgrade, and support of multiple Active Directory forests
What we’re looking for...
The ability to independently troubleshoot complex systems and environments including applications, networking components and develop scripts, applications and processes to improve systems stability. Work with a variety of teams to design systems, develop and maintain scripts, websites and
automation for use by the Operations Organization. Leverage existing applications, tools and device REST APIs to automate tasks and workflows.
Proactively manage the configuration of the supported systems and make changes/additions in real-time based on requests submitted through our ticketing system.
Coordinate with other technical staff and the Change Management Process to implement changes to your applications and systems
Document processes, procedures, configurations, and deployment plans in support of ITIL and Auditing processes.
Be on call to handle Production outages via Company supplied Cell Phone.
Experience building, maintaining, or managing racks in a Data Center.
- 7+ year experience Deploying, Configuring, and Administering Windows and RHEL Systems
- 7+ year experience with active directory, GPOs, and security
- Experience with automation toolsets and their usage (e.g. Ansible, Docker Compose, Chef, Puppet), Preferably with Ansible and Puppet
- Experience with automated patching on Windows and RHEL systems.
- Functional Accountability:
- Responsible for specific projects or definable portions of larger projects or processes. Pickup (assign to self) tickets opened for Systems Administration requests (several different types).
- Individual Contributor Role
- Uses professional concepts and company policies & procedures to solve a wide range of complex problems in creative and practical ways; makes recommendations that aid in the successful completion of initiatives within a functional area. Typically involved in several projects at a time; manages own time and workload to ensure timely completion of the project; works Service Request and Incident
- Management tickets in a timely manner.
- Decision Making Authority
- Receives general guidance for the accomplishment of short to medium term goals and operating objectives. Plans and executes own work.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods & techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Provides resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178