Master Tradesperson 3 – Pipefitter Chesapeake, VA 12- month contract. Max pay $22.00/hr BOE
Must be US Citizen
Client is requiring all personnel to be fully vaccinated or be fully vaccinated by Dec 8th
Sorry, no C2C or third party resumes.
Position Summary / Responsibilities
Chesapeake, VA will be the primary location, employee will travel to different shipyards/bases as required
No clearance required
Steel toes and hard hat required
First shift hours vary, base line hours 7am - 4pm
Applies comprehensive understanding of production and processes toward completion of assignments. Responsible for interfacing with customers, managing subcontractors and ability to provide work direction to others. Performs a variety of complicated and non-routine tasks. Develops and uses technical documents including controlled work packages, formal work processes and procedures, test documents, reports and task or trip reports. Schedules, reports and briefs customers and senior management. Performs duties outside of specialty in order to complete installation or work assignment.
Ability to supervise others and manage one or more multiple jobs. Ability to oversee, schedule and assign tasks for one or more jobs. Applies high level skills of specialty trades functions and tools. Ability to interface with external customers and communicate verbally and in writing. Ability to use of basic hand tools, portable power tools, and tools of specialty. Ability to perform multiple tasking and meet critical deadlines.
HS education or Trade School + 4 years of related experience. Prefer technical/professional certifications. Must provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.
• Must be able to read and interrupt blueprints, technical drawings and or technical manuals.
• Must have trades experience working onboard marine vessels and/or shipboard systems.
• Must experience reading and using precision measuring tools (i.e. micrometers, slide calipers, indicators & gages)
• Must be able to calibrate, and make minor repairs on equipment.
• Must have knowledge of quality control steps and procedures.
•Must be able to identify location based on ships structure.
• Must have in depth knowledge and experience in planning, layout, cutting, fitting, and assembly of pipe onboard marine vessels.
• Must be proficient with standard pipe fitting procedures. (i.e. P-1 High energy systems. Lock-ring, silver braze - Grade III, IV, V).
• Must have experience testing installed piping systems.
• Must be able to interpret blueprints and drawings to develop specifications for product to be fabricated and/or installed.
• Must be able to identify system and component location based on ships structure.
• Must be proficient with use of layout tools.
- Pipe (Fluid Conveyance)
- Technical Communication
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)