DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Dock Controller - WE
Location: [[Laurens, SC]]
Job Posting Title: [[Dock Controller - WE]]
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for operating material handling equipment for the purpose of picking, shipping and receiving. Activities may include but are not limited to: picking, loading or unloading, scanning, moving, staging, replenishing, and stacking product. This individual is also responsible for counting and inspecting product, and notifying leadership when there are damages or discrepancies. These Associates are accountable for the safe and efficient operation of all equipment and will be expected to perform all duties as assigned.
As part of the DSV team, Associates are expected to meet company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality. Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and site-specific policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The shipping functions include but are not limited to: using a gas or electric powered forklift to load outbound shipments, move product, and stack products or materials.
- Associates must efficiently and accurately load orders according to the appropriate doors and trailers. All shipping functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
- The receiving functions include but are not limited to: using a gas or electric powered forklift to unload inbound shipments, move product, replenish, stack and store products or materials.
- Associates must efficiently and accurately locate and place products in the appropriate storage areas. All receiving functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
- The picking functions include but are not limited to: operating stock picker to accurately pick orders to fulfill client demands.
- Associates must efficiently and accurately pick products and stage in the appropriate areas. Associates may stack, package, band, shrink wrap, and label product(s) as determined by client requirements. All picking functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
Quality Control Responsibilities
- The quality control functions include but are not limited to: using the appropriate documentation to ensure that all products and orders are received, handled, and shipped correctly.
- Associates will verify that products and/or orders meet quality standards, including reporting any damages or discrepancies.
- Associates will stack, package, shrink wrap, and label product(s). All quality control functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
Safety, Housekeeping, and Compliance
All associates are responsible for executing all safety protocols and will accomplish all job tasks in a manner that promotes safety.
- Associates are responsible for the cleanliness and orderliness of the facility.
- Associates must also maintain a clean, neat, orderly work area, and assist in security of the warehouse.
- Associates will comply with all Standard Operating Procedures, corporate and site specific policies, safety rules, and OSHA/MSDS Standards.
- Training and certification to operate MHE, including but not limited to; stock picker and forklift.
- Associates are responsible for the upkeep of equipment and reporting of equipment problems.
- On a daily basis, associates will inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment.
- Associates will operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Associates must maintain an active forklift certification.
- Perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Must have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 6 months experience working in a logistics/distribution/relevant environment.
- Able to operate MHE
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Satisfactory completion of a forklift training program
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Basic computer skills
- RF Scanners
- WMS functions
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Basic to intermediate level to verify quantities of product, count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling, storing and distributing client products.
- Strong attention to detail accuracy and accomplish job task in a timely manner.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance
- Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a stimulating, fast-pace work environment.
- 1-3 years experience working in a warehouse/logistics/distribution environment
- 1-3 years forklift experience.
- Current or prior MHE certification
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to lift up to 70lbs while following proper lifting procedures. Must be able to stand on feet for up to 12 hours per day.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Dock Controller - WE. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 60,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Dock Controller - WE