Do you have a strong interest in web development? Are you self-motivated and a quick learner? If you flourish in a fast paced, results-oriented environment, if you want to achieve individual success within a “team first” organization, then our Technology team may well be just what you’re looking for.
Westlake Financial Services, the largest privately held finance company in the Nation, is looking for Software Developer Interns to join our Technology team. Westlake Financial is one of the fastest growing multi-million-dollar companies in the United States. The Los Angeles Business Journal named Westlake Financial the 7th fastest growing large company in Los Angeles County in 2012.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN/GAIN:
How to build applications for the web
- How to collaborate with the engineering team to design and implement new features
- How to identify techniques to optimize web performance
- Working on interesting projects with a small and supportive team
The intern will be compensated for his or her work while with Westlake. It is our goal to find a number of interns that will one day find full time placements at Westlake. Local candidates only
Duration of the program: Minimum of 8 - 12 weeks
Approximate hours per week: 20-40 hours
- Shadow developers and software QA team members to develop knowledge of software development and QC process
- Learn software development tools and protocols
- Assist developers with design and development of the following software project/module
- Migrating the Stored procedure from MySQL to Oracle
- Converting existing MySQL based report to Oracle Based
- Writing Spring apps, Spring Batch and web services
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Great attitude/ energetic/dynamic/team builder.
- Skilled at multitasking
- Comfortable working in a high pressure environment
- Knowledge and experience in Linux, Perl, Shell scripting, awk and sed a Plus
Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
Every Full-Time position at Westlake Financial offers the following:
Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account
- 401K matching, Employee Stock Ownership Program in a $2.6 Billion Company, plus company matching
- Wellness Program, Daily Team Exercises, Fresh Fruit for all employees
- Metro Tap Card and Metro-link Reimbursement
- Westlake University, Certification Programs
- Career Path Opportunities
- Discounts on Parks, Museums, Movie Tickets, and Attractions
- Wireless, Computer, and Satellite Discounts
- Rental Car Discounts, Dell Member Purchase Program
- Employee Loan Assistance
- Onsite DMV
- Westlake Bike Share (Free Bikes onsite)
- Onsite Gym, onsite Yoga, Treadmill Desks, Gym Membership Discounts
- Annual Flu Shots, Biometric Screenings
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Sql (Programming Language)
Perl (Programming Language)
Software Quality Assurance (Sqa)
Java (Programming Language)
Java Script (Programming Language)
Awk (Programming Language)