2nd Shift: 2pm-11pm M-F
This position oversees production lines and operations in the bakery under the supervision of the Production Manager and Plant Manager to ensure quality of product and delivery to distribution.
Responsible for direct supervision of production associates. Works closely with all other departments in the bakery including maintenance, sanitation, and shipping.Key Job Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates supports of General Bakery Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and ensures adherence to all quality requirements including Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), etc.
- Provides leadership, training and coaching with associates to create culture of inclusion and engagement.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe work environment through compliance of all Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
- Create a Continuous Improvement environment by improving products, service, and processes with the objective to reduce waste while striving for efficiency and profitability
.- Responsible for start-up including calculating orders, checking dough sheet, equipment condition and temperature settings
.- Monitors product quality; making formula changes as directed and tracks changes.
- Completes staff scheduling to ensure production lines are adequately staffed and coordinates with other departments to minimize downtime.
- Executes and maintains records for all phases of production relative to safety, food safety, key performance indicators, and order completion.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the food safety and quality systems and other 3rd party audits.
- Ensures compliance with AIB standards, Company policies and government regulations.
- Conducts incident investigations, responsible for reporting processes and ensuring any identified preventative actions are completed.
- Participates in, and drives LEAN manufacturing culture.Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Results Achiever-
- People Oriented Leadership
-Learning and Adapting Best Practices
-Lives By and Promotes ValuesEducation and Work History:
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Some College is preferred
.- 2-5 years of supervisory experience in production, preferably in the food processing industry or fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to handle difficult conversations.
- Proficiency-level computer skills including MS Office applications. KRONOS knowledge is a plus.
- Strong organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks/projects.
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Business Process Improvement
- Food Processing