ARRIS, we are constantly redefining connectivity to power a smarter, simpler, more connected world. We’re the company people choose when they need high-quality, constant connectivity at home, in business, or anywhere in between. We connect hundreds of millions of people around the world every day. ARRIS invented the delivery of digital services to the home -- and we continue to create its future. ARRIS customers include service providers (cable, broadband, telco, satellite), commercial verticals, small enterprises, and the people they serve. We win when our customers win, and that drives everything we do.
The AT Engineering organization is part of the Network and Cloud business unit within ARRIS, Inc. The AT product portfolio covers all Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) infrastructure products, including Optical Headend, Optical Nodes, RF active/passive products and RF over Glass (RFoG) products, including Optical Network Units (ONU)/Multi Dwelling Units(MDU’s).
- RF and Optical circuit design engineer supporting several RF and/or fiber optic projects.
- Position requires simulation, modeling, breadbording and prototype evaluation of RF and Digital circuitry used in RF amplifiers and fiber optic transmitters and receivers.
- Knowledge of broadband RF components commericially available and its usage.
- Knowledge of RF circuit design for use in both 50ohm and 75ohm systems and in the range of 1MHz to 1.5GHz.
- Knowledge of impendance matching, filter design and low noise amplifier designs
- Knowledge of digital communications IC’s and micro’s preferred.
- Establishes requirements and complete all phases of moderately complex RF and optical design projects.
- Responsible for generating schematics, Bills of Material (BOMs), and Design Verification (DVT) test plans and results.
- Laboratory experience with network and spectrum analyzers, measurements including frequency response, return loss, noise figure, non-linear distortion, signal to noise ratio, bit error rate, modulation error ratio, optical modulation index, and thermal analysis.
- Experience working with cross functional design teams comprised of mechanical, electrical, test, and operations engineers
- Makes recommendations to inter-disciplinary team to enhance performance and improve production quality.
- May develop new tools to aid in the analysis and solving of problems.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with other engineering disciplines and other ARRIS functions, such as project management, product management and supply chain.
- Knowledge of Hybrid-Fiber-Coax networks.
- Knowledge of analog and digital fiber optic 1310 and 1550 nm systems including CWDM and DWDM networks.
- Knowledge of electrical design theory
- Knowledge of circuit analysis and modeling tools
- Knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout tools
- Knowledge of software’s such as Keysight Genesys, Office, Agile, Oracle, SharePoint.
- Knowledge of product lifecycle models
- Familiarity with industry and government standards; Telcordia, ANSI, FCC and UL.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork attitude and skills
Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in an Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.