Epiroc is a leading global productivity partner for the mining and infrastructure industries. With cutting-edge technology, Epiroc develops and produces innovative, safe and sustainable drill rigs, rock excavation and construction equipment and tools. The company also provides world-class service and solutions for automation and interoperability. Epiroc is based in Stockholm, Sweden, had revenues of SEK 38 billion (USD 4 billion) in 2018, and has more than 14,000 passionate employees supporting and collaborating with customers in more than 150 countries. Learn more at www.epirocgroup.com.
United in Performance. Inspired by Innovation.
Performance unites us, innovation inspires us, and commitment drives us to keep moving forward. Count on Epiroc to deliver customer-oriented solutions needed to succeed today and the technology to lead tomorrow. To do this, we believe in diverse teams that work together across borders to develop, produce, market and service the most innovative products available. Grow your career at Epiroc!
At Epiroc USA LLC, our Mining and Rock Excavation Service Division provides a broad range of services with the aim of maximizing customers’ productivity. We focus on spare parts supply, professional service, support solutions and training. This open Field Service Technician position will be based in Austell, GA.
Field Service Technicians provide timely service support for technical problems, monitoring, testing, and demonstrations that result in minimizing downtime, reducing costs or promoting our product capabilities in the case of a test or demo. This individual will be responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and installing parts as needed to maintain the equipment. The work environment includes being regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and outdoor weather conditions. Noise protection is required in this role. Field Service Technicians are occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals and the risk of electrical shock. This position is considered Safety Sensitive.
- Providing technical support in the form of troubleshooting either by phone or on site
- Supplying parts information in the form of suggested stocking guides
- Providing warranty support; evaluating and validating claims, discussing issues with Product Company, and submitting service reports to support claims
- Leading training for distributors and customers on all relevant features and benefits of using our products, including the creation of customized courses per the customer’s needs
- Primary training contact on equipment operation and proper use of consumables, such as rock drilling tools, ground reinforcement products, installation, and grinding equipment
- Set-up and monitoring of new or improved components testing
- Tracking associated costs, or data from tests to ensure completion
- Customizing solutions to address issues specific to customers
- Communicating service and other relevant activities to Customer and Service Manager through daily service reports or relevant forms, e-mail and telephone communication
- Maintaining courteous and professional demeanor and communication with customers and internal staff at all times
- The successful candidate should have a minimum of a Certificate of Completion from a Technical or Trade School, three years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Maintain required US Department of Labor, Mine, Safety & Health Administration Training Certificates, or agree to complete the training program(s) needed to acquire the Training Certificates
- Maintain a valid driver’s license; a good driving record is required
- If required to operate a commercial vehicle weighing more than 26,001 pounds, you must be able to pass all requirements necessary to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) for Department of Transportation (DOT) purposes
- Previous work experience should have demonstrated a strong mechanical aptitude and good work ethic
- Successful candidates must be able to sit for extended periods if needed, use hands to feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Travel is required in this position
Epiroc is a leading productivity partner for the mining, infrastructure and natural resources industries. With cutting edge technology, Epiroc develops and produces innovative drill rigs, rock excavation and construction equipment, and provides world-class service and consumables. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden, and has passionate people supporting and collaborating with customers in more than 150 countries. Epiroc had revenue in 2018 of $ 4.0 billion USD and has more than 14,000 employees. Principal product development and manufacturing units of Epiroc are located in Sweden, the United States, Canada, China and India.
Being the best, is a challenge that we love to live up to. By keeping an open mind and listening to our employees and customers, we continuously set new industry standards and improve the way we work.
Diversity is key to grow fresh and innovative ideas and solutions for our customers. In the 150 countries where you can find us, we encourage our employees to take ownership of their own development and careers with the support from their leaders. This way our employees can grow in the business, wherever they are at their careers, from entry level to senior leadership. We are committed to give you every opportunity to succeed in a culture of innovation, diversity and collaboration, combined with a caring atmosphere.
Epiroc USA LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.