If you are a hard worker, have a great attention to detail and want to be part of a 100 Year Legacy, then Maines wants you to join our IT team!
The Systems Engineer is responsible for monitoring and supporting all of the equipment within the data center including systems, infrastructure, AC, UPS/generator, fire suppression systems, backups, and DR. A Systems Engineer performs a wide variety of design, documentation, installation, configuration, and upgrading of workstations, servers, and related hardware and Enterprise software. They provide investigation, diagnostic testing, and repair/resolution of all hardware and software problems within the technical infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Acts as an escalation point for the Technical Support Analyst team and provides an advanced-level of expertise and technical support for end user incidents
• Ensures successful backups are completed based on the backup schedule and supports the DR environment through design, planning, implementation, and bi-annual testing.
• Provides installation, configuration, monitoring, maintenance, documentation, and support for all infrastructure hardware, software and services including, but not limited to, Servers, SAN, UPS, generator, fire suppression, AC, backup appliances, load balancers, fiber, Ethernet cabling, Windows Server, iSeries, VMWare, Citrix, Exchange, Microsoft SQL/Express/MySQL, Office, Symantec EV, EMC Networker, AV, Web and E-Mail filtering, various Enterprise applications, AD, DHCP, DNS, GPO, FTP/SFTP, IIS, IAS/NPS, NTP, VDI, domain name registration and renewals, SSL certificates, email archiving, system and file level backups/restores, software deployment and patch management
• Works with the hardware and software vendors on lease replacements, maintenance renewals, license compliance, and software upgrades and recommends upgrade plans based on age/functionality of equipment and current standards.
• Creates and maintains technical documents including installation and configuration guides, training guides, knowledgebase, and self-help documents for all end user hardware, software, and support processes.
• In addition to providing support for current solutions, the Systems Engineer is also responsible for ensuring we are always using the best, most cost effective hardware and software available. This means researching other vendor's solutions, comparing them to our own, and making purchase recommendations where appropriate
• Responsible for keeping all desktop software, OS patches, and anti-virus/anti-spam definitions up to date. This includes research and successful testing of all new releases/patches/definitions prior to deployment
• Provides 24x7 emergency support or may participate in an on-call rotation
• Communicate with employees as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
• Provides consultative support to others in Information Technology on the capabilities and uses of specific products.
• Assures effective change control to minimize the necessity of recoveries by effectively communicating all scheduled changes though the change control process.
• Stays abreast of applicable technology trends and directions.
• Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within acceptable service levels.
• Review and contribute to the IT knowledge base.
• Works toward improving customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
• Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations could be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have an advanced understanding of Windows Server 2K+ along with its features and services (AD, DNS, GPO, etc.)
• Must have experience with implementation and support of virtualized environments including VMWare's vSphere, Operations Manager, Site Recovery Manager, and Horizon View
• Prior experience supporting Microsoft Exchange server 2010 is required. Must be able to create databases, move mailboxes between databases, create public folders, connectors, relays, distribution groups, contacts, policies, quotas, and monitor queues
• Must be able to perform common tasks such as: Changing group memberships, checking event logs, creating admin scripts, creating logon scripts, creating user and group accounts, deploying or upgrading software, managing local applications, etc.
• Prior SAN and fiber switch administration is a must. Must be able to configure storage pools, LUNS, zones, CIFS, across-site replication, and monitor IO performance, volume replication and make appropriate recommendations and changes when necessary
• Responsible for capacity planning, daily health checks, redundancy, and 24x7 availability for all business critical servers and applications
• Advanced understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience supporting EMC Networker and Data Domain
• Familiar with SAP, Open Text, and Rightfax software
• Experience supporting NCR applications (PowerSell, PowerNet, PowerWarehouse, PowerVoice) preferred
• Must have excellent communication and documentation skills
• Strong organizational skills required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree, Technical degree, or equivalent Technical Certifications (examples include Server+, SNIA, Network +, MCSA, MCSE, EMCSA, CCNP, VCA, VCP)
• Minimum 5 years of relevant technical support experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The above certifications are preferred for this position
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations could be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers, handle objects or controls, talk and hear, stand, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. This position will be required to travel. Employees could be exposed to normal driving conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Company Paid Life Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Medical Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Associate discount at Maines Food & Party Warehouse locations
• Cell-phone service discount
• Years of Service recognition
• Adoption insurance
• Discounts on home & auto insurance
• Pet Insurance
• Direct Deposit
• Educational Reimbursement
• Excellent Advancement Opportunities
If you're looking for challenge, growth, and genuine job satisfaction, then look to Maines!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (Mcsa)