Position Title: Senior Testing Specialist
Start Date: ASAP
Hybrid: 100% remote as a contractor (when converted to FT will accomodate a hybrid schedule)
Location: Charlotte, Minneapolis, Chandler, Dallas, St Louis, Des Moines
Line of Business: Corporate Risk-IT&V
Contract Duration: 6-12 month C2H
Group's responsibility/Current Project:
Who are they: Independent Testing and Validation sits within the Corporate Risk organization. When you think of this group think of them as a second line of Defense testing group, in other words they audit the auditors and ensure controls are in line with regulator guidelines. IT&V is made up of multiple lines of business including corporate investment banking, Technology, Financial Crimes, WIM (Wealth Investment Management), CSBB (Consumer and Small Business Banking), EFT, Commercial Banking, and Consumer Lending.
How the teams are Made up: Each team within this organization consists of a Testing Director, Senior Managers, Managers, Compliance Officers, Senior Testing Specialist, and Specialists. Most LOB's have about 100+ resources and some, like Consumer Lending, consist of up to 300+ resources on their team.
Independent Testing and Validation is a growing organization looking to extend the growth of their current team. We are looking to bring on 75 Senior Testing Specialists to support a number of initiatives tied to RSCA. They are looking for people with strong- Audit/testing experience related to the evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls within a regulatory and compliance background. The ideal candidate will possess strong critical thinking skills, strong relationship management skills, and is ability to highlight written an execution of test scripts.
- Things to mention from the Testing Director:
- Right now, there is never a better time to join IT&V because they are in the middle of a fire and this type of experience you will get does not happen every day
- By the end of 2022, we will be the leader in Automated Testing
- In terms of Risk and Innovation, we are at the front.
The Independent Testing and Validation Team is seeking an Enterprise Testing Senior Specialist to support the testing and validation team. This individual will provide strategic support for testers by gathering requirements and delivering data needs and detailed analysis for their organization. This position will report to a Manager.
Senior Independent Testing Specialist
The responsibilities of the Senior Independent Testing Specialist role specific to the Independent Testing and Validation (IT&V) team include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Planning and executing the test of design and operating effectiveness for RCSA (Risk & Compliance Self-Assessment) controls within required timeframes and in accordance with established processes and procedures.
- Effectively communicating the testing or validation process, status, and results to business and risk partners.
- Writing and/or reviewing reports or presentations that clearly articulate the results/conclusions of testing or validation activities.
- Consulting on and leading the implementation of initiatives.
- Effectively communicating with IT&V Leadership and escalating validation concerns or issues as appropriate.
- Identifying and implementing efficiencies and process improvements.
- Providing credible challenge and recommendations to IT&V Leadership as needed.
- Actively participating in learning & development opportunities to ensure the use of best-in-class processes and procedures.
- Developing clear and concise reporting to be shared with IT&V Leadership.
- Assisting in managing change to ensure an effective risk management program.
- Mentoring and coaching Associates.
- Fostering relationships with teams and collaborating across all other testing and validation teams effectively.
What are the top 3 must have skills?
- 4+ years of Independent Testing experience in a Big 4 or Regional Accounting firm
- Meets one or a combination of the following that results in a total of 3 years of experience:
- 4+ years of testing or quality assurance experience
- 4+ years of audit experience
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory agencies: Federal Reserve and OCC
- Specialized knowledge or prior regulatory compliance testing or review experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry: compliance, risk management, or audit operations
- Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products, and internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Experience testing policy, procedures, control, and business process testing
- Demonstrated success with influencing business units to identify, formulate and implement processes/procedures to mitigate risk.
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to credibly challenge status quo
- Strong relationship management skills; ability to negotiate difficult positions without harming relationships
-Knowledge on Financial Crimes areas including anti-money laundering (AML), Know Your Customer (KYC), Sanctions/Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).(Working knowledge of CIP, CDD, KYC, Special Measures, Wires, OFAC, Suspicious Activity, On-going monitoring, and etc), Ability to scope in regulatory requirements based on the Business Line within the Financial Crimes Framework
-Need to understand OCC, FED, Rego, Volcar Rules, broker Dealer experience. Ideally some experience with Capital Markets would be helpful
Information Technology: (16)
-knowledge on Information technology areas such as ITGC, SOX/COBIT/COSO(these guys will have a true "IT auditor title")
-Testing access or encryption control testing
WIM(Wealth and Investment Management): (2)
-Broker dealer experience or someone coming from an Internal Audit background-but not IT internal audit
Consumer Small Business Banking: (4)
-CFPB/OCC regulation experience
-Consumer banking regulation experience or someone with experience working in an audit call centers or branch deposits background
Consumer Lending/Commercial Banking: (11)
-CFPB/OCC regulation experience
-Someone who has been doing audit work in a commercial capital/middle market experience
-Someone who maybe started out in a mortgage background that has worked their way up into testing/auditing.
-Knowledge in regulations pertaining the HR/Finance/Accounting
-Think regulations like HIPPA, CCPA etc.
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Processes
- Business Relationship Management
- Call Centers