To support and direct the highest quality urgent care services available to the public while always assuring the MedExpress mission, vision and values are met. All duties and responsibilities of the Urgent Care Physician position are to be performed in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations governing the legal scope of medical practice.
- The Physician will provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment. Performs therapeutic procedures such as I&D, splinting, suturing, managing infection, and wound care
- Documenting/Charting patient information in line with current policies and procedures
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care. Communicates with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional information
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate
- Follows established policies, procedures, objectives, and recommended referral practices
- Assists the CorporateCare division of MedExpress and pathways associated therewith
- Participates in facility in-services, required staff meetings, and other clinic operations procedures
- Orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interpret test results for deviation from normal. Orientation and training of new practitioners when necessary
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required
- Prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods
- Interpret the application of OSHA and HIPAA laws. Maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards
Supervision of Advanced Practitioners when appropriate and abide by all associated rules and regulations.*The Private Officer Practice has the complete authority with regard to medical decision making and patient care. The management service organization ('MSO') shall in no way determine or set the methods, standards or conduct of the practice of medicine or health care at or by Private Office Practice or any of the Professionals. The MSO provides consultation and recommendations through the Chief Medical Officer for the Private Office.
- A graduate of an Accredited School of Medicine, currently licensed by the State Board of Medical Examiners and Board certified or eligible in a specialty field of medicine
- Accreditation and certification requirements and the ability to maintain all appropriate licenses
- Must have and maintain a DEA license with no restrictions
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in business applications and clinical management systems (EMR)
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and their chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo
- Non-pharmaceutical patient care aids, their applicable uses, and relevance to patient care
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment
- Professional communication principles and practices including business letter writing and advanced report preparation knowledge
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services (This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction. Applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations including the requirements of the HIPAA and OSHA and applicable state rules and regulations pertinent to medical practices)
- Ability to perform duties in accordance with the customary rules of ethics and conduct of the applicable State Board of Medicine and other such regulating bodies.
- 2+ years of clinical experience in an emergency medicine, urgent care, or ambulatory care setting
Requires working in a clinical setting
The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens
Ability to stand and sit for hours at a time, (with some bending and stooping)
Ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements
Ability to lift 50lbs.
Careers with MedExpress. Our focus is simple. We deliver high-quality, convenient, affordable health care in a patient-centric manner. With a full medical team, our neighborhood medical centers are open 12 hours a day, every day. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, employer health services, and basic wellness and prevention services. Everything we do is focused on our patients. And now we're part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, a team of more than 185,000 people working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. We're a physician-led group with administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA - but you can become part of our elite team almost anywhere in the country.
Join us. And start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Job Keywords: Urgent Care Physician, LaVale, Maryland, MD, Healthcare, Medical, Clinical Operations, Great Care. Fast, Expanding, Physician, MD, M.D., DO, D.O, Doctor, Medicine,