Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
40 Waterview Drive
Shelton, CT 06484
The Head of Human Resources – Group role will support the Business Group President and their team for the Hubbell Commercial & Industrial Business Group. This position is a critical member of both the business and corporate human resources teams and responsible for understanding both business drivers and human resource capabilities in order to help drive business growth. They will be considered a trusted advisor to the business in relation to all areas of human resources in support of business strategy. They will lead a team and collaborate across the enterprise including other HR teams and the corporate Centers of Excellence (Total Rewards, Talent Management, HRIS, Talent Acquisition, Communications, etc.) in order to drive company and business group strategic goals. The incumbent will be involved in projects to establish infrastructure and initiatives to enable rapid growth and scalability in the organization.
The position reports into the Business Group President with a matrixed relationship to the Corporate Vice President Human Resources and is located in the Shelton, CT facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
Human Resources Strategy: Partner with business leadership team and corporate HR to develop a comprehensive people strategy in support of the enterprise and group strategic goals.
- Act as a strategic business partner and a trusted advisor, leveraging HR policies to build and sustain a high performance organization
- Create and implement organization- wide human resources strategies, procedures and processes for the Business Group; partner with global leads to build scalable and compliant processes
- Exhibit strong integrity and loyalty to corporate vision & mission while nurturing a performance enhancing corporate culture
- Help drive all people initiatives and practices including recruitment, talent, leadership development, diversity, performance management, organizational design, compensation, etc
- Collaborate with the global HR community to ensure local execution of plans
- Partner with CoE’s to develop programs to support retention strategies, career development and mobility across the teams, groups and enterprise
- Ensure employees and managers receive the appropriate counseling, guidance and support on employee relations issues
Effective HR Execution: Ensure HR operations enhance and enable business results while providing vision, leadership and excellence in execution.
- Provide sound advice and counsel to management on all employee relations matters
- Drive implementation of operational dashboards outlining current performance and improvement opportunities.
- Develop key operational metrics for team and monitor key performance metric scores
- Program manage key HR initiatives within the function (talent assessment, development, compensation program development, productivity programs, key staffing initiatives)
- Staff and develop a strong HR business partner organization and team (15 to 50 reports); support the team’s professional growth and development
Skills and Experience
Leadership: A driver with excellent interpersonal skills to partner with business leaders in order to effectively manage growth and change; strategic, pragmatic approach with systemic thinking
- Exceptional relationship building skills and ability to partner with colleagues to influence broader HR strategies and practices to link HR strategy to business goals for the benefit of the enterprise
- Demonstrated experience building, developing and growing an outstanding HR team within a corporate structure and across multiple business units, geographic locations and cultures
- Proven capability to exercise exceptional judgment; utilize demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and be creative in developing alternative solutions in a fast-paced environment and manage across a large, global organization with multiple constituents
- Coach Business Group Leadership in understanding employment issues and concerns regarding underlying causes, promote effective lines of communication between leadership and their management teams
Experience: Experience working in a matrixed organization with multiple functions and capabilities in order to quickly respond to business challenges
- 15+ years of relevant and progressive Human Resources experience in a complex Business Partner role or broad HR leadership position
- A creative yet pragmatic problem solver and critical thinker, strategic, with the ability to execute day-to-day while managing multiple initiatives.
- Strong consultative approach to maximize influence with regards to all HR disciplines including recruitment, talent, leadership development, diversity, performance management, organizational design, compensation, etc
- Ability to provide guidance and conduct investigations of concerns and complaints; involve appropriate individuals, seek Legal advice, when appropriate, and successfully resolve employee relations issues with credible, creative and consistent solutions; work with labor organizations as required
- Interpret and analyze a spectrum of management data reporting in order to further enhance the effectiveness of HR service delivery across the organization
- Leadership of and / or exposure to successful integration of new acquisitions is desired
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.