Revenue Integrity Coordinator will work closely with leader's on task related with improving revenue results by reviewing clinical and financial processes, functions and interdependencies from the provision of patient care to final bill generation. This review includes the verification of coding, charging and billing data for accuracy and completeness and compliance with regulatory requirements to resolve edits or exceptions deected during system processing of the claim in the patient accounting system, Relay Suites, or in the payer's system.
This position also serves as a liaison between patient accounts and ancillary department directors, regarding charging issues, clinical documentation issues and revenue opportunities.Qualifications
1. Bachelor's Degree in Healthcar, Business or related clinical field.
2. Certification or license as a Certified Coding Specialist (C.C.S.) is required within one year of hire.
3. Experience in a role related to revenue capture/charging, auditing, coding or compliance.
4. Experience with PCs, word processing, spreadsheet, Analytics, and database software applications is required.
5. Use of an encoder sftware product for code assignments in an acute care setting; preferred.
8. Computer data entry with 10-key preferred, with accurate typing speed of 35 wpm; preferred.
9. Strong quantitative, analystical and organization skills.
10. Proficient in chart review, clinical record information systems and coding methodologies.
11. Ability to understand and interpret medical records, hospital bills and the Charge Master.
12. Abilitay to understand all ancillary department functions.
13. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
14. Excellent critical thinking skills.
15.Excellent interpersonal skills to build effective partnering relationships with physicians, nurse staff and hospital management staff.
16. Ability to work independently in a time-oriented environment.
17. computer literacy and familiarity with the operation of basic office equipment.
18. Assertive personality traits to facilitat ongoing administration communication.
19.Working knowledge of Medicare reimbursement system and coding structures preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf