Vice President of Accounting
TheVice President of Accounting
is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of PAM Health.Job Responsibilities
- Oversee all fiscal responsibilities, including financial planning, accounting practices, financial risk assessment, forecasting, and variance analysis
- Partners with risk management, including general liability and related insurance coverages
- Uses best practices in cash management processes
- Partners with the revenue cycle for recording purposes
- Prepares and effects timely filing of federal, state, third party, and other financial reports and tax returns as required. Maintains reports and records and collects statistical data for administrative and regulatory purposes.
- Performs studies involving third parties with organization’s auditing firm representatives.
- Coordinates organization’s financial audit with auditing firm representatives; Furnishes all required data and backup to the auditors as required. Follows accounting policies throughout the year.
- Prepares operating and capital budget for the fiscal year. Assists administrators in the annual budget preparation, ensuring reasonableness of data.
- Assist in financial feasibility analyses for potential acquisitions
- Hands-on management style in the implementation and development of plans aimed at organization’s success
- Outstanding capacity to see the big picture and plan strategies to achieve results
- Well-disciplined with proven ability to effectively manage multiple assignments under pressure when meeting tight deadlines
- Strong team builder and facilitator with uncommon ability to train, motivate, and supervise people to action and foster an atmosphere that encourages maximum production
- Makes recommendations related to systems, work flow, efficiencies, or other improvements within Finance Department or PAM Health. Uses experience and problem-solving skills to promote the use of the most efficient and accurate systems and policies.
- Ensures efficient operations of general accounting systems, including accounts payable, general ledger, and payroll
- Produces accurate financial statements with appropriate supporting documentations, and creating new ones as needed
- Establishing and maintaining business performance reporting to drive accountability throughout the organization including, but not limited to profitability, cash flow, spending, census and staffing as it relates to patient volume. All in accordance with GAAP and Corporate guidelines.
- Combined responsibility for organizing and reporting the monthly closing process including financial exhibit preparation & presentation, quarter & year-end audit preparation. As well as pre-close projection review.
- Physician stipends makes sure in accordance with compliance
- Prepares tax information for company tax returns
- Oversee Concur system and expense reimbursement processes
- Continual review of all hospital accounting systems to provide complete and accurate records of hospital assets, liabilities and financial transactions through monthly and quarterly audits of purchasing access, and pharmacy inventory. All in accordance with GAAP and Corporate guidelines.
Inclusiveness: Promotes cooperation, fairness and equity; shows respect for people and their differences; works to understand perspectives of others; demonstrates empathy; brings out the best in others and in his/her team
Managing Staff: Coaches, evaluates, develops, and inspires staff; sets expectations; recognizes achievements; effectively manages conflict; aligns department goals with organization goals; provides feedback; delegates appropriately; evaluations completed on time
Stewardship and Resource Management: Demonstrates accountability and sound judgment in managing company resources; appropriate understanding of confidentiality and company values; adheres to and supports company policies, procedures and safety guidelines
Problem-Solving: Identifies problems and involves others in seeking solutions; conducts appropriate analysis and searches for best solutions; effectively and efficiently implements appropriate responses to correct problems; responds promptly and effectively to new challenges
Decision-Making: Makes clear, consistent decisions; acts with integrity in all decisions; distinguishes relevant from irrelevant information; makes timely, appropriate decisions.
Strategic Planning and Organizing: Understands company vision and aligns priorities accordingly; measures outcomes; uses feedback to redirect as required; evaluates alternatives; appropriately organizes complex issues to desirable resolution
Communication: Connects with peers, subordinate employees and all customers; actively listens; clearly and effectively shares information; demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills; negotiates effectively.
Quality Improvement: Strives for efficient, effective, high-quality performance in self and in the department; delivers timely and accurate results; resilient when responding to matters that are challenging; takes initiative to make improvements
Leadership: Motivates others; accepts responsibility; maintains high morale in department; develops trust and credibility; expects honest and ethical behavior of self and staff
Teamwork: Encourages cooperation and collaboration; builds effective teams; works in partnership with others; is flexible; responsive to the needs of others
Development: Maintains up-to-date skills through involvement with professional organizations and/or continuing education
Health and Safety
- Maintains the highest level of customer service via courtesy, compassion and positive communication
- Promotes the Mission and Vision of PAM Health within the work environment and the community
- Respects dignity and confidentiality by adherence to all applicable policies and procedures
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:Education and Training:
- Works in a manner that promotes safety; wears clothing appropriate to the performance of the job
- Participates in OSHA required training
- Follows universal precautions as appropriate for position; complies with Employee Health requirements for continued employment
- Reports unsafe practices to management
- Knows own role in case of an emergency
Master’s degree in Business Administration or Finance preferred. CPA required.Minimum Work Experience:
Minimum of ten years’ progressively responsible experience in healthcare financial leadership, including experience with prior healthcare hospital and supervisory experience strongly preferred. System experience with Wellsky, UKG, and Concur a plus.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent time management skills
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel
- Attention to detail
- Working knowledge of the hospital industry and the regulatory/licensing/accreditation processes required for the opening of new facilities
- Proven experience developing positive working relationships, and a progressive organizational culture, with corporate leadership and staff
- Result-driven and goal-oriented professional with extensive expertise in all aspects of accounting
- Working knowledge of behavioral health payer relationships
- Ability to negotiate rates
This is an exempt position. It is supervised by SVP & Chief Accounting Officer.
- Accounting Systems
- Accounts Payable
- Attention To Detail