Store - MORGANTOWN, WV
We're here for the Makers! Come be a part of the team where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better together.
Build customer relationships while creating a memorable framing solution for their art. Help customers shop our store and be able to find what they’re looking for. Provide a safe, clean and clutter-free environment.
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Company programs to ensure compliance to applicable laws and requirements; execute Company policies and standards
- Embrace and execute personal designer by using Elevated ABC Deliver to build relationships with all customers while creating Custom Framing solutions. * deliver sales and production results
- Complete framing orders with a high degree of quality and on time
- Maintain the ready made frame department and other assigned areas including SISO and Directed Replenishment
- Deliver friendly customer service; help customers shop and find what they are looking for; provide a well merchandised and in-stock store for the customer to shop
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Company programs
- Support shrink and safety programs
- Interacts with others in an accepting and respectful manner; remains positive and respectful, even in difficult situations; promotes commitment to the organization’s vision and values; projects a positive image and serves as a role model for others
- Participate in the truck un-load and stocking processes to ensure truck standards are followed and completed within budget
- Operate cash register and execute cash handling to standards
- Acknowledge customers, help locate product and provide solutions
- Assist with Omni channel processes
Other duties as assigned
Minimum Type of experience the job requires
- basic computer skills and basic measuring skills
- ability to operate the framing equipment and glass cutter
Preferred Type of experience the job requires
- retail experience
- Experience selling products and/or services to customers
- regular bending, lifting, carrying, reaching and stretching
- ability to move throughout the store
- ability to remain standing for long periods of time
- lifting heavy boxes and frames and accessing high shelves by ladder or similar equipment
- if you need help performing these functions of your job, please contact supervisor so that we may engage in the interactive process with you and find a reasonable accommodation
- public retail store setting taking care of our customers; all public areas are climate controlled; some stock rooms may not be climate controlled; some outdoor work if assigned to retrieve shopping carts or while unloading trucks; Frame shop contains glass cutter and heat press; work hours include nights, weekends and early mornings
Applicants in the U.S. and Canada must satisfy federal, state, provincial and local legal requirements of the job.
- Customer Service
- Computer Literacy
- Selling Techniques