To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wilmington, DE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Retail Store Manager - Wilmington
Heritage Home Group • Wilmington, DE
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
*****This posting is for a 3 to 4 month opportunity with the potential for a longer term extension*****
Provide the leadership necessary to achieve projected sales goals while ensuring complete customer satisfaction at all times. Conduct yourself as a coach who observes and facilitates necessary change to achieve company goals. Provide direction and guidance to all employees that will maximize their full potential.
- Manage Sales Associates and office support personnel.
- Achieve sales goals through the recruitment, development, training, coaching and management of the Sales Associates. Evaluate needs and strengths of your Sales team members on a continual basis. Utilize training tools provided by the Company to ensure your team’s success.
- Effectively manage customer contacts and relationships to improve customer service, build sales volume, improve designer effectiveness and increase overall customer satisfaction.
- Establish individual sales goals and hold Sales Associates accountable for achieving goals. Work as team with Sales Associates and customer.
- Create and nurture a positive team environment and a high level of energy and ambition with employees to ensure sales growth.
- Conduct one-on-one strategy meetings with Sales Associates as well as daily mandatory business meetings that are motivational.
- Responsible for developing and conducting weekly two hour training sessions that are educational and motivational.
- Develop and implement a system to ensure Sales Associates are providing exceptional customer service and follow-up.
- Oversee functions of visual merchandiser position to ensure a favorable store atmosphere and adequate representation of accent business.
- Work with visual merchandiser and Regional Manager to ensure that the floor displays are properly maintained.
- Follow retail operation policies and procedures to ensure fiscal control, security of company assets, inventory management and store safety. Ensure that all policies are communicated to staff.
- Partner with Office Administrator and Regional Manager to ensure that company operational policies and procedures are followed by all staff.
- Evaluate and provide direction for employee performance monthly in accordance with retail expectations. Provide constructive feedback to all employees through one-on-one meetings and group meetings.
- Document disciplinary action when appropriate and review with management prior to administering any disciplinary documentation. Contact your Regional Manager and Human Resources Generalist immediately with all concerns of workplace harassment (including, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation).
- Maintain proper staffing levels at all times.
- Represent Thomasville at all times and under any circumstances, in a professional and capable manner.
- Maintain employee personnel files in a locked and confidential area.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the task that may be assigned. Other tasks or duties may be assigned by management as needed.
- BA or BS degree or comparable experience.
- Proven background in retail and sales.
- Experience as a design- sales professional preferred.
- Broad knowledge of design and effective sales techniques.
- Supervisory experience required.
- This position requires team leadership abilities, strong communication and organization skills.
- Ability to train for product knowledge, sales performance and customer service.
- Serve as a role model for customer service and sales performance.
- Must be able to work holidays, evenings and weekends.
- Must possess valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Customer Definition and level of contact:
- Routine staff contact and frequent contact with customers by phone and in person.
- Courtesy and tact are required.
Heritage Home Group, LLC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, upgrades, training, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment. EOE/AAP/M/F/D/V
Agencies and Search Firms should not forward resumes or online response forms through this source. Heritage Home Group, LLC or any of our brands will not be responsible for any fees associated with the use of resumes and online responses through this source. Solicitation from third party vendors is prohibited. Third party vendors may not re-post our positions unless approved by HHG.