We heard you knock!Job Description
Masonite is the true door category leader, being the only door manufacturer to serve both the residential and commercial markets. We believe a door is more than just a door, and we never stop pushing the boundaries in helping elevate the role the door can play in any environment. We aim to promote the role doors play in the IoT landscape by creating new interior and exterior products for residential and commercial applications.
As a Power and Connected team member, you will be part of the research and development of new Smart Doors and Smart Door Accessories. By partnering with some of the largest companies in the IoT ecosystem, these products will be an innovative step forward in smart home connectivity. The integration of power and connectivity help simplify everyday life for a user while also ushering in advanced safety and security features.
In this new role, you will be responsible for multiple facets of the electromechanical product development process from ideation to detail design, analysis, verification, and interfacing with contract manufacturers to drive the product to production. This position is a unique chance to be part of a new and quickly growing team inside of an industry-leading and stable corporation. You will have the opportunities and thrills of a start-up but the stability and financial backing of an established organization.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced start-up like environment. You will contribute on all aspects of electrical hardware design, including circuit/board design and validation. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities.Main Responsibilities And Accountabilities
Minimum Qualifications And Experience Requirements
- You will contribute on the development of Powered and Wirelessly Connected products, providing architectural and product content guidance.
- Key contributor to high-level architecture and design of electronic systems focused on the IoT market.
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies
- Craft engineering documentation (specifications, drawings, test reports) and manage all tasks leading up to a published and issued engineering documentation
- Build, test and modify product prototypes
- Designing schematics, completing board layouts, assembling, testing, debugging, and integrating designs into electrical systems.
- Working with multiple technologies including DC motor control, power management, real time operating systems, communication buses (UART, SPI, I2C, USB, ethernet), UC peripherals (ADC, PWM, DAC, timers) and wireless technologies (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or equivalent degrees
- +2 years of relevant experiences or 1 year and multiple internship experiences
- Understanding of analog and digital circuits and hardware
- Strong problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of common wireless protocols (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth) is preferred
- Circuit design and schematic capture capabilities required (Altium Designer Preferred)
- PCB layout capability preferred but not required
- Strong communication and documentation skills and ability to operate autonomously
- Basic understanding of how embedded software works.
- This role is primarily at our West Chicago location, however, it is a hybrid role.
Open to extraordinary!
- Assembly And Installation
- Computer Engineering
- Digital Electronics
- Electrical Installation Work