8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Will report to AVP, Business Planning and Delivery Management
The Senior Manager, Program Delivery Management, manages a Program of Products and oversees a group of delivery managers to enable product and project delivery through Agile, Lean and Technical Project & Product Management skills. The Senior Manager is responsible for planning and execution of scope, risk escalation and mitigation within a Program or group of Products. He/she oversees implementation, scaling and improvements of current and new methodologies and practices that cascade from the leadership to the teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manages program of delivery initiatives to ensure that the teams are efficiently and productively executing on plans. Ensure roadblocks, risks and impediments are removed and managed.
- Lead others to set the direction and holds multiple teams accountable to drive results through limited touch points, continually progressing the business to higher levels of performance.
- Manage and lead a team of Delivery Managers that establish and track cross-functional deliverables and key milestones within multitrack initiatives across all Teams.
- Develop effective contingency plans to overcome unexpected obstacles and remove team impediments
- Stay current on best practices in Agile and Waterfall product/portfolio/program/delivery and project management and advocate for/implement continuous improvements that make sense for CarMax
- Monitor delivery teams’ activities, morale and productivity to ensure adherence to portfolio processes. Develop and execute mitigation plans and process improvements.
- Determine their Program’s annual staffing and budget needs, and manage the process of reconciling resource usage on an ongoing basis
- Plays an active role in identifying, assessing, and developing talent across departments and lead a succession plan to groom future leaders.
- Hire, train and develop associates to reach their full potential – understand their goals and needs, partner in their development, provide advice, feedback, training and advocacy
- Manage resourcing for roadmap for group that aligns with business needs and associate growth goals
- Develop and maintain positive team dynamics and high morale across cross-functional team
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to apply broad knowledge, seasoned experience, and critical thinking skills to address complex/critical issues. Establishes a broad plan and aligns resources for action.
- Ability to understand business goals and objectives and adjust priorities based on changes in business strategy or market environment
- Holds multiple teams accountable to drive results through limited touch points, continually progressing the business to higher levels of performance.
- Clearly articulates the vision and delivers consistent key messages
- Strong knowledge of various Agile & Lean project and delivery management best practices and processes
- Ability to provide “win-win” solutions while resolving customer service issues in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to work independently and to lead multiple projects and cross-functional teams simultaneously
- Ability to motivate, influence and persuade across various levels of the organization
- Ability to develop and execute a plan and proactively make improvements to process execution
- Ability to lead and develop a team of direct
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships throughout the organization
- Knowledge of modern product development processes
- Four-year college degree (BA/BS) in related field
- 8+ years of experience in technical or business project management and program management.
- 8+ years of experience leading cross-functional teams to achieve common goals
- 5+ years managing direct reports
- Agile experience
- Computer skills: MS Office
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through verbal, written, and non-verbal methods, to all levels of the organization
- Ability to comprehend and apply basic mathematics
- Ability to think logically and use available resources to make good decisions
- Ability to make well-informed, effective and timely decisions with high degree of independence
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fast paced with multiple, simultaneous demands.
- Pleasant, but busy office, taking direction from more than one supervisor.
- Numerous distractions and disruptions due to incoming communication.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate can encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is inside a central heat and air-conditioned office building. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Process Improvements (Business)