To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sarasota, FL 34219
- Alere, Inc.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
EMT - PT
ALERE • Sarasota, FL
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
EMT - PT Parrish, FL
Med-eScreen, an industry leading provider of on-site medical and drug screening services, is looking for detail oriented and experienced EMTs to join our expanding company. We work with the nation's largest construction management companies providing onsite medical and safety services. Our company prides itself on employing seasoned veterans of pre-hospital care thus ensuring our customers the very best in care and safety for their construction workers.
- Staff EMT provides first aid for injured construction workers, drug and alcohol testing, and additional administrative duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Responding to calls for assistance
- Administration of first aid and level-appropriate care according to State, Local and National guidelines
- Proper assessment of injuries and the coordination for appropriate transportation to medical facilities
- Effective communication with Safety Managers, EMS Personnel and Medical Facility Staff
- Assisting site Safety Personnel with safety related duties and inspections
- Detailed documentation of medical and safety related incidents
- Coordination with Safety Managers in maintaining the most safe and secure construction site environment
- Daily administration of site required drug and alcohol testing program
- Additional duties as directed by Med-eScreen management or client
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
* One year minimum active EMS experience
* Experience in construction, OSHA, or worker's compensation a plus
* Strong computer skills
* Flexible schedule
* Extreme attention to detail and on time scheduling
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Spanish a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Current EMT certification (National or State), Paramedic (NRP) certification preferred
* OSHA30, or certification training will be provided
* Ability to lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders and possess no fear of heights
* Ability to function in extreme weather and temperature conditions, both hot and cold.
Medescreen, div. of pembrooke, an ABBOTT escreen company, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. Pembrooke is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail or call 804-916-3422 to let us know the nature of your request. Pembrooke is a federal contractor which complies fully with executive order 11246, as amended, and the applicable regulations contained in 41 C.F.R. Parts 60-1 through 60-60; 29 U.S.C Section 793 and the applicable regulations contained in 41 C.F.R. Part 60-741; (38 U.S.C. Section 4212 and the applicable regulations contained in 41 C.F.R. Part 60-250 and/or 60-300; and 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A.)