Order Selector / EPJ - Electric Pallet Jack Operator
Shifts: *Overtime required as needed*
FIRST (Monday - Thursday from 5am to 1:30pm)
SECOND (Monday - Thursday from 4pm to 2:30am)
Pay Rate: $13.00 - 13.50 / hr (depending on shift)
The world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics has partnered with Onin Staffing to help fulfill their hiring goals! We're searching for dedicated and experienced Operators to join our Team.
What you'll do as a Order Selector:
The Operator is responsible for operating a forklift and other material handling equipment for the purpose of shipping, receiving, and picking. Activities may include but are not limited to: loading or unloading, scanning, moving, staging, replenishing, and stacking product. This individual is also responsible for counting and inspecting product, and notifying leadership when there are damages or discrepancies. These Associates are accountable for the safe and efficient operation of all equipment and will be expected to perform all duties as assigned.
Associates are expected to meet company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality. Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and site-specific policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The shipping functions include but are not limited to: using a gas or electric powered forklift to load outbound shipments, move product, and stack products or materials. Associates must efficiently and accurately load orders according to the appropriate doors and trailers. All shipping functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
- The receiving functions include but are not limited to: using a gas or electric powered forklift to unload inbound shipments, move product, replenish, stack and store products or materials. Associates must efficiently and accurately locate and place products in the appropriate storage areas. All receiving functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
- The picking functions include but are not limited to: using a gas or electric powered forklift to accurately pick orders to fulfill client demands. Associates must efficiently and accurately pick products and stage in the appropriate areas. Associates will stack, package, band, shrink wrap, and label product(s) as determined by client requirements. All picking functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
Quality Control Responsibilities
- The quality control functions include but are not limited to: using the appropriate documentation to ensure that all products and orders are received, handled, and shipped correctly. Associates will verify that products and/or orders meet quality standards, including reporting any damages or discrepancies. Associates will stack, package, shrink wrap, and label product(s). All quality control functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
Safety, Housekeeping, and Compliance
- All associates are responsible for executing all safety protocols and will accomplish all job tasks in a manner that promotes safety. Associates are responsible for the cleanliness and orderliness of the facility. Associates must also maintain a clean, neat, orderly work area, and assist in security of the warehouse. Associates will comply with all Standard Operating Procedures, corporate and site specific policies, safety rules, and OSHA/MSDS Standards.
- In performing assigned duties the equipment used can include but is not limited to: sit-down, stand-up, reach truck, sweeper scrubber, scissor lift, cherry picker, Aisle Master or pallet jack.
- Associates are responsible for the upkeep of equipment and reporting of equipment problems.
- On a daily basis, associates will inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment.
- Associates will operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Associates must maintain an active forklift certification.
- Perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required
Education and/or Experience
- Must have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 6 months experience working in a logistics/distribution/relevant environment.
- Able to operate MHE
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Satisfactory completion of a forklift training program (if required)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Basic computer skills
- RF Scanners
- WMS functions
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Basic to intermediate level to verify quantities of product, count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling, storing and distributing client products.
- Strong attention to detail accuracy and accomplish job task in a timely manner.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance
- Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a stimulating, fast-pace work environment.
- 1-3 years experience working in a warehouse/logistics/distribution environment
- 1-3 years EPJ experience
- 1-3 years forklift experience.
- Current or prior MHE certification
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs while following proper lifting procedures. Must be able to stand on feet for up to 8 hours per day.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Ability to pass a background check, drug screen, & E-verify*
We don't hire temps, we hire TEAMMATES!
If this sounds like the right job for you, please apply online or in-person Monday - Friday from 8am to 5pm! Not for you, but someone you know? Share this job with them and then check out our other available jobs. No appointment necessary and guaranteed interviews! Each application submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained in case a great opportunity opens for you with any of our locations to join our Team. Don’t wait, we want YOU to be our next Teammate!
Ōnin Staffing – Dallas/Farmers Branch
2605 LBJ Frwy, Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75234
972-484-8300 (call or text)
Email: [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Order Selector / EPJ - Electric Pallet Jack OperatorBenefits
Ōnin believes that your health is important. Medical benefits should be affordable and easy to use with your busy schedule. That's why we offer our teammates custom-built benefits that are affordable and convenient to use. When you're a part of our team, you will have affordable benefits you'll actually want to use such as; $5 Prescription drug copays, $5 Doctor's Visit copays, Free Teledoctor Service, Free Counseling Services, Life Insurance Included, Vision Insurance Included, Dental Insurance Included, Vacation and Holiday Pay and Scholarship Opportunities. You will get these amazing benefits and more after just 30 days.