To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounting Clerk III
PAE • Washington, DC
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldAccounting Clerk III
THIS IS AN SCA POSITION WITH AN HOURLY RATE OF $22.68 & $4.41 PROVIDED IN HEALTH & WELFARE
The payment of VCF claims is the most critical aspect of the claims process for several reasons, and the most difficult due to the short statutory timeframe in which payments must be processed and the requirements for 100% accuracy. VCF payments are administered following an established process that involves the DOJ Office of Planning, Budget and Evaluation (OPBE) and the US Treasury. Payment processing involves the use of several different systems and tools and requires tracking inputs and outputs from multiple sources.
Under the direction of VCF Payment Processing Supervisor, the Payment Team Accounting Technician will perform the following tasks while complying with established Payment Standard Operating Procedures:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and analyzes financial data, documents and manual or automated payment systems.
- Create, file, retrieve and copy claim and payment documents
- Enter basic claimant payment data into databases
- Proofread, edit and correct payment documents
- Complete tracking spreadsheets and report on task progress
- Perform quality control on the work of peers in all of these areas
- Perform basic and intermediate level database searches
- Perform moderately complex payment support tasks, including, detailed review and analysis of payment information such as claimant files, compensation detail, and claimant and/or law firm banking forms
- Perform detailed filing of payment softcopy files
- Assist with the preparation and review of payment reports
- Consistently and accurately perform detailed work under pressure
- Pay excruciating attention to detail, deadlines and quality control
- Read and follow instructions and Payment Standard Operating Procedures
- Understand task, task objectives and the context of those tasks in the payment lifecycle
- Proactively identify issues that impact payment and propose alternate solutions to address issues
- Initiate questions when necessary to complete tasks correctly (e.g. where instructions are not explicit or appear to be contrary to the task objective)
- Excellent typing/keyboarding and communication skills
- Knowledgeable user of DOJ office and network environment, including but not limited to word processing, data processing environments, including office automation networks, PC-based databases and other applications, internet and server-based databases and other applications
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Excellent writing skills and oral communication capabilities
Must be a US Citizen
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance
- Two-year degree in accounting or four-year degree in a related field (finance, business, banking, or economics) with 30 credit hours in accounting. With the COR’s approval, relevant financial and accounting experience performing technical level duties in accounting, banking, or finance for corporations or non-profit organizations may be substituted for the education and credit requirements.
- Knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems used by banking, financial and other institutions.
- Three years of experience in claim and payment support projects or undergraduate degree.
- Experience or substantial undergraduate coursework in finance/accounting or experience in claim processing environment.
- Reports to the VCF Payment Processing Supervisor
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.