Can you be a real, true friend? Is it your nature to be open, listen deeply, know your heart, respond genuinely, and care as only a real friend cares? If so, we want to meet you.
Cedarhurst, a regional healthcare provider and true friend of older adults, seeks a service-minded, career-oriented individual to join our team as a Certified Medication Aide at our Cedarhurst of St. Charles community.
As a Certified Medication Technician, you will promote the delivery of resident care utilizing a team approach in conjunction with resident assistants, nurses, and other members of the interdisciplinary team. Your role will be as a primary provider of resident care and distribution of medications and, in addition, will be to promote physical, personal, and emotional well-being of each resident and strive to maintain the ultimate goal, which is to return the resident to their maximum level of self-care and independence, when possible.
As a Certified Medication Technician , working with the Director of Wellness , you will impact the lives of our residents by
* Provide direct resident care services including medicine distribution to residents. Follow individualized plan of care for all residents.
* Perform resident evaluations as required by the state standards/regulations and facility policy, under the direction of the Director of Wellness.
* Observe residents for change in condition and report any changes immediately to supervisor and/or the Executive Director.
* Provide timely interventions to change of condition and share this with care staff and family as instructed.
* Assist to complete and maintain current individualized care plan for each resident.
* Provide interim documentation as required to resident file. Attend all scheduled interdisciplinary resident care meetings.
* Check and record vital signs, weights, and blood sugars, as assigned.
* Provide for/assist residents with activities of daily living as needed, including bathing/showering to schedule, oral care, toileting, dressing, etc.
* Assist residents with transfers and ambulation as directed, using proper body mechanics, and respond to urgent calls as needed.
* Participate in oversight and management of medication delivery system to include timely order entry, receipt and tracking as well as daily MAR documentation, narcotic count, and checking in medications in timely manner as assigned to ensure resident compliance to medication regime. Notifies pharmacy and supervisor of issues and seeks to resolve in timely manner.
* Provide glucose monitoring and administration of insulin (applicable for CMTs and insulin-certified CMAs/L1MA only)
* Ability to work well with others and take direction from management, as well as take initiative willing to go above and beyond to ensure our residents needs are met and they are comfortable in their living environment.
* Must remain flexible and have the ability to work weekends as necessary.
To become a Certified Medication Tech, you will need
* High School Diploma or GED and must have current state certification for corresponding role (Certified Medication Technician (CMT), Qualified Medication Aide (QMA), Certified Medication Aide (CMA), Level 1 Med Aide (L1MA), Level 1 Med Aide (L1MA) insulin certified)
* Basic Life Support (BLS) and/or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification is required.
* At least one (1) year of related work experience is preferred, preferably in senior care, and possess a general knowledge of laws and restrictions regarding Assisted Living care, as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior living.
* Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times with the ability to effectively perform conflict intervention and resolution for residents, families, employees and others as needed.
* Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job which includes, but is not limited to: seeing, speaking, touching, walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling or crawling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to 50lbs independently and up to 100lbs with assistance.
* Self-motivated to accomplish identified goals with a strong sense of accountability for results.
* Must possess a general knowledge of laws and restrictions regarding senior living care, as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior living.
* Knowledgeable in computer applications such as: Microsoft Office & electronic health records (EHR) systems
When considering a career with Cedarhurst, please understand that
* Our core values describe our expectation that every team member will be Passionate, Trustworthy, Empathetic, Positive, Respectful and Approachable and in every way a real, true friend of those we serve.
* To be a Cedarhurst team member means youre devoted to doing The Friends Work: In your every effort, you reassure, energize, and inspire older adults in Cedarhurst.
* Cedarhurst believes that its team is its greatest asset. For this reason, we provide our team members with extensive training as well as personal and career development opportunities.
* Cedarhurst believes in promoting from within. We seek team members who wish to grow with us.
* Cedarhurst offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage, life insurance, long-term disability coverage and a 401(k) Plan with company match (after 1 year of service).
* Cedarhurst considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory COVID-19 vaccine program, participating in testing requirements (COVID-19 and TB) and using designated PPE when required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, we will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
- Activities Of Daily Living (Ad Ls)
- Assisted Living
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Medication Technician