You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Shipping & Receiving Specialist - 2nd Shift Job
Bostik is now hiring experienced Shipping and Receiving Specialist for our Paulsboro, NJ site! Come join a team that provides a great work environment, opportunities to learn new skills, and stability!
As a Shipping & Receiving Specialist, you will report to the Warehouse Supervisor. You will be responsible for various tasks in support of the receiving and shipping of materials (raw materials, packaging, and finished goods.)
- Utilizes the SAP system/documentation from the SAP system to receive in raw materials and packaging supplies as well as to pull finished goods for shipment to customers.
- Assists in maintaining an accurate inventory through activities including, but not limited to: double checking quantities and item codes when receiving in material and when pulling orders, reporting loss of product (raw materials, finished goods, packaging) due to spills/damage and immediately recording/reporting all discrepancies in inventory and any damaged product
- Ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal transportation and environmental regulations
- Reports any spills or incidents that adversely impact safety or the environment
- Operates a forklift in a safe manner following all departmental and plant safety rules
- Assists in maintaining an acceptable level of housekeeping
- Accurately completes all required paperwork
- Assists in physical inventories
- Assures compliance with all company policies
- Complies with Corporate EHS safety and regulatory requirements
Context and Environment:
- Work in a fast paced production environment where safety, accuracy and speed are essential. Simultaneous competing priorities require effective and efficient multi-tasking to succeed.
- Ability to stand, lift up to 75 lbs, and walk throughout work day.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable with the use of material handling equipment and hand tools.
- Use of computer for data management and training.
- Maintain equipment and report issues to leadership as needed.
- Completion of assigned tasks.
- Use problem solving techniques to eliminate waste and errors.
- Adherence to Bostik, OSHA, and local regulations / policies.
- High school diploma / GED, ability to read English and perform basic math skills.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a warehousing environment.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Forklift experience.
- Ability to operate automated and semi-automated equipment.
- Willing to work an off shift and overtime as necessary.
Building on its unique set of expertise in materials science, Arkema offers a portfolio of first-class technologies to address ever-growing demand for new and sustainable materials. With the ambition to become in 2024 a pure player in Specialty Materials, the Group is structured into three complementary, resilient and highly innovative segments dedicated to Specialty Materials - Adhesive Solutions, Advanced Materials, and Coating Solutions - accounting for some 80% of Group sales, and a well-positioned and competitive Intermediates segment. Arkema offers cutting-edge technological solutions to meet the challenges of, among other things, new energies, access to water, recycling, urbanization and mobility, and fosters a permanent dialogue with all its stakeholders. The Group reported sales of €8.7 billion ($9.7 billion) in 2019, and operates in 55 countries with 20,500 employees worldwide.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2471603259
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.