This role can be hired in the following locations:
Identify and develop a portfolio of new small business customers for retail electric supply by cold-calling provided prospects and self-generated leads.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
- Execute cold calls and follow up calling for leads provided. Keep pace with provided leads to ensure adequate opportunities and market coverage. This requires self-direction, discipline, and consistent effort to make sufficient cold calls and/or in-person canvassing of businesses.
Data Collection and Analysis:
- Gather key customer information and enter it into AEP Energy’s CRM. Collect account and meter number data necessary to access historical usage data required to generate a sales contract.
- Collect, analyse, and provide insight into customer feedback for future strategic discussions.
- Develop industry knowledge to improve ability to give customers their ideal energy solutions.
- Use CRM tools to ensure customer follow up and repeated strategic touches.
Customer Pre-Qualification & Credit Review:
- Pre-qualify the opportunity based on data collected in CRM.
- Determine customer creditworthiness prior to investing additional sales effort and/or requesting executable pricing.
- Effectively present AEP Energy’s value proposition to prospective customers via the phone. Build company credibility, brand value, and trust with prospective customers. Gain knowledge, insight and understanding from key decision-makers regarding customer energy needs and challenges.
- Sales acumen: Adjust sales strategy as appropriate. Identify strategies and product types to help consumers reduce their overall electric expense or avoid exposure by limiting risk from utility or market prices.
- Learn and adhere to all industry regulatory standards as well as internal AEP Energy standards.
- Incorporate feedback offered by Channel Manager and Quality Assurance team into improved performance.
- Overcome objections and raise key considerations based on customer interactions and specific opportunities and concerns.
Contact Management & Negotiation:
- Ensure the customer has reviewed and pre-approved agreement language and is prepared to decide when presented with executable market pricing.
- Develop familiarity and knowledge of AEP Energy policies.
- Self-manage the number of customer proposal calls necessary to meet or exceed the monthly sales volume requirements.
1-3 years of outside sales experience preferred, particularly business-to-business selling
- Cold Calling
- Selling Techniques
- Market Pricing
- Contact Management Systems