To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1814 West Tacoma Street
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Windstream • Broken Arrow, OK
Posted 6 days ago
The Network Optimization Engineer is responsible for all facets optimization project designs from planning, circuit designs, tracking, scheduling and coordinating of all aspects of the grooming action, from a single circuit to multiple circuits, from equipment decommissioning, to site decommissioning. The Network Optimization Engineer will be the single point of contact throughout the entire grooming action as it relates to each circuit involved in an overall project.
Identifying all circuits requiring grooming action leading to a more optimized network and thereby reducing network costs.
Working in conjunction with other Windstream Engineering departments to insure all circuits and associated equipment necessary to facilitate project completion is identified and in place.
Creating accurate Circuit Layout Records for each circuit identified as part of the overall project.
Insuring the implementation Technicians have all required technical specifications to properly groom the network traffic as designed.
Proficiently coordinate the grooming actions assigned.
Manage escalation activities efficiently and effectively; assists others as needed.
Routinely participates in special projects related to team support and improving processes.
Coordinate with various groups (Inside and Outside of our organization).
Continuously monitor progress of job, including tasks and proactively investigate any deviations.
Keep all appropriate personnel apprised of job status, shifts in priorities, existing or perceived problems and/or deviations from schedule.
Identify, suggest and implement preventative/corrective actions to improve quality of the overall groom process.
Demonstrating uncompromised integrity by acting and communicating openly, honestly and fairly in everything done, following the Windstream Core Values & Beliefs as a guide.
Additional responsibilities may be defined as needed; special small projects.
Required Skills / Abilities & Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task utilizing time management and work prioritization skills
- Highly organized and strict attention to details.
- Self-disciplined; self-starter.
- Strong individual worker with ability to also work as part of a team.
- Ability to learn new processes quickly.
- Able to handle high stress in a professional manner.
- Great positive attitude. Be outgoing, engaging, proactive and courteous.
- Must be flexible in work hours
- Project Coordination skills preferred.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communications skills preferred.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
Desired advanced skills
- Strong computer experience (MS Office, Outlook, Company Software and Web Apps)
- Good working knowledge / abilities in MSS, ASAP and other circuit and equipment inventory systems.
- Sound technical competence in a Windows/MAC based environment.
- Good working knowledge and experience with all facets of digital circuit platforms including but not limited to TDM, IP, Ethernet, etc
- Good working knowledge and experience with all individual circuit types including but not limited to DS0, DS1, DS3, OCn, Ethernet, EoC, GigE, fiber, etc
- Working knowledge of Network protocols such as ATM, Ethernet, and SIP.
- Working knowledge of Voice protocols such as CAS, ISDN, SS7 and VoIP
- Working knowledge of Voice features such as Call forwarding, Voice mail and Hunting.
- Working knowledge of networking WAN/LAN topology
- Familiarity with DWDM, passive and active systems
- Working knowledge of Ciena, Cisco, Infinera, Accedian Metronode /Metronid, Juniper equipment preferred.
- Provisioning within various voice switches, (5E, Sonus, Meta, DMS, etc).
Bachelor Degree in a technical discipline and 4-6 years job related technical experience preferred. Military training, direct job experience and/or some college hours accepted.
Job Category: Engineering
Locations: 1814 W Tacoma St |US|Oklahoma|Broken Arrow\
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to: race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.