Summary of Position (Job Purpose) - Major purpose and functions of the position.
• Provide operational, analytical, and information system support to all areas of the outbound transportation team, to include reporting development and execution, as well as systems refinement and support
• Work closely with the functional transportation teams, supply chain leadership and other departments to fulfill their systems and analytics requirements; ultimately improving supply chain performance, reducing company landed cost
Principal Duties and Responsibilities -
The primary tasks the associate will perform during his/her work schedule.
- Provide support to team completing daily routing process to accomplish the highest transportation service level at the lowest possible cost through correct modal and carrier selection.
- Suggest, develop and maintain analysis tools to enhance operational measurements, define financial costs, ensure SLA compliance and support budget execution
- Facilitate effective communication between the stores and transportation to report logistics cost, service standards, and transport plan throughout the supply chain.
- Complete other analysis, reporting, projects, system administration functions and duties as assigned by the Transportation management team.
- Successfully execute system testing to a standard
- Participate in the development of and support deployment of new technology solutions, existing system upgrades and processes for inbound transportation
• Maintain appropriate level of confidentiality and professionalism within the organization, across vendors and carriers
• Serve as operational backup to Outbound Routing Analyst, as necessary, to ensure completion of daily departmental responsibilities
• Complete other tasks as required
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications- Summary of knowledge, experience and education required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Data Analytics, or Information Systems, or equivalent data analysis work experience (3 years)
• Advance Proficiency in MS Office Suite, to include using formulas, writing macros, V-look-up
• Data governance or data management experience
• Experience working as a team or individually to successfully deploy complex projects
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical strengths
• Dynamic and agile work style
• Polite and professional, exhibiting a desire to support the needs of others
• Ability to be successful in a changing environment and be successful with the ambiguity of change
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills
• Detail oriented
• Strong written and verbal communication stills
• Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
Desired Qualifications - Desired but not required.
• Practical working knowledge of Oracle Transportation Management System
• The ability to interpret / understand EDI transactions.
• Experience or education in statistics and/or financial reporting.
• Ability to write and understand SQL
This is not to be considered a complete list of job duties, as they may be amended or added to as needed.
Complex Problem Solving