Genesis10 is currently seeking a Linux Administrator with our client in the financial industry in their Charlotte, NC location. This is a 12 month + contract position.
- Rebuilding servers/Desktops
- Responsible for environments management, deployment and support for lower level test environment
- Management of application stability, connectivity, and related defect triage in the controlled testing environments
- Deployment of code and/or retrofit of production code
- Communicating and/or consulting on design of infrastructure
- Working side by side with testers and developers to ensure all are working cohesively.
- System patching
- Technical documentation
- Partnership and communications with internal customers and partner teams
- Expert knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems
- 3 to 5 years of experience in build and code deployment functions
- Exposure and/or hands-on knowledge of UNIX Shell, Perl, Python, and similar scripting language
- Effective communication – clear, concise and the ability to articulate ideas
- Should be able to lead and actively participate in conference calls with technical and business users
- Flexible to work in different shifts, including rotational night shift and weekend support
- Experience in application lifecycle management automation tools and integration using one or more of the following tools: IBM Urban Code Suite, Ansible by Red Hat, Jenkins or Hudson
- Experience in working with one or more version control tools like Bitbucket/Git, RTC (IBM Rational Team Concert), subversion, Perforce or TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- Working knowledge/expertise with JIRA, NEXUS and ALM (Application Lifecycle Management)
- Exposure and familiarity with software development lifecycle methodologies (Agile/Waterfall/V Model)
- Candidate must be self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, able to work with little supervision and a responsible team-player
- Able to work on databases: query and updates
- Computer networking skills and working knowledge: load balancers, firewall, etc.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Communication, Information Technology
- Understanding/experience with web application communication protocols - SOAP, HTTP, XML etc.
- Basic knowledge on MQ's
- Working knowledge of application setup, support, and configuration
- Strong working knowledge of IBM WebSphere (or equivalent - with working knowledge of Linux OS and debugging techniques)
- Experience with J2EE application servers and webservers - Client, TOMCAT, WebSphere, JBOSS (WebSphere and Jboss is a plus)
- Able to work as a W2 employee of Genesis10 (no Corp-to-Corp)
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
- Exposure to financial, banking business processes, technologies, system and process architecture
- Environment management skills on UNIX and WINDOWS
- Secure software delivery
- Release management
- Networking skills
- Java Technologies & Containers
- Continuous integration and deployment knowledge and hands on skill involving any or all of Jenkins, Maven/Ant, JFrog Artifactory, TFS/Bitbucket, and similar CI/CD technologies
- Suitable Masters/Bachelor's academic degree
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com. "Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”
Agile Software Development
CareerBuilder Estimated Salary
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 19-07477
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.