If you are a leader who is passionate about people & technology and are looking for an exciting career with an innovative Fortune 1000 company, come join CDK Global as an Engineering Manager. You’ll work with the best business/technology leaders in the automotive industry and blaze the trail on the digital frontier, all while experiencing a fantastic work/life balance. Ideal candidate is a passionate leader with experience in managing & working with distributed teams and has extensive software engineering experience in application development and cloud platforms.
Essential functions include:
- Architectural direction on design and implementation of solutions
- Enable cloudification of enterprise automotive applications
- Recruit, manage, and develop professional staff, ensuring the efficient operation of a development team.
- Ensure the technology strategy aligns with the business objectives
- Manage the development of software application enhancements and new products.
- Oversee the analysis, design, programming, debugging, and modification of software applications
- Partner with product managers, operations, marketing, sales, and users to define application requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Foster effective collaboration in face-to-face and virtual settings
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 8 years of engineering experience
- At least 2 years of experience in people management/leading teams
- Cloud-based development proficiency
- Experience with modern software development practices including Agile, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery
- Java development expertise
- Basic project management experience
- Databases development expertise, preferably PostGres, Oracle, or MS SQL
- Experience with Web services, SaaS, Linux, PHP, & modern data management technologies
- Experience with source control (Git, GitHub Flow), Maven, Confluence and Jira
- Ability to employ test-driven development and continuous deployment
- An ongoing thirst for new knowledge and ideas, and a passion for software engineering and developing people.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Automotive retail experience
- Data analytics experience
- Strong business acumen
- AWS certifications
- Scrum Master certification
- Oracle database experience
- Linux and PHP experience
- Angular or ReactJS experience
More about the environment:
- Collaborate with teams full of fun, pragmatic, full-stack software engineers who share your passion & zeal for building awesome technology solutions to interesting real-world problems, all the while having fun doing it.
- Participate in and foster a culture of continuous learning using tools/opportunities like PluralSight, Hackathons, Meet Ups, Conferences and Lunch N Learns.
- At CDK we love creating a great fun-loving work environment. We create software solutions that are used by the majority of Automotive Dealers in the US and around the world. We have a presence in over 100 countries. We thrive on providing solutions to dealer problems that no one else can!
Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We’re building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It’s time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development investment is measured in the tens of billions. It’s time you were a part of something bigger.
We’re expanding our workforce – engineers, architects, developers and more – onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of an enterprise software product makes CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments. The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you’re ready for high-impact, you’re ready for CDK.
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.