To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minneapolis, MN 55401
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
HT Innovation - Assistant Database Engineer
Turner Construction • Minneapolis, MN
Posted 15 days ago
Title: Assistant Database Engineer
We are currently establishing a number of innovation centers around the globe for the research and development of critical technologies to address our broad range of operations and enable our digital transformation. We are leveraging advancements in AI, machine learning to enhance productivity, reduce risks, protect workers and develop future business opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities: As members of the data engineering team, our Assistant Database Engineers are responsible for assisting our data architect with our data warehouse environment, including both the load and transformation of data and storage in a fast-paced research and development environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the intergradation of data from various sources into data warehouse environments
- Assist in the development of a data dictionary crossing both old and new systems to translate terminology and naming convention differences between the systems
- Communicates directly with technical resources from 3rd party vendors who are supplying data to establish requirements for the delivery of data and the understanding of the meaning and purpose of individual data elements
- Assist in the development and building of a data model to house data from both old and new systems, under the supervision of the data architect
- Assist in writing ETL packages necessary to transform and load data into the data warehouse
- Assist in the designs and development of a method of blending data from old and new systems into a single structure so that the organization has a continuous record of data crossing both time frames
- Assist in writing ETL packages necessary to publish harmonized data sets (representing data from the old and new systems blended) into other data marts and other databases that need to consume this data
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years of experience in database development including ETL work
- Strong understanding of normalization and de-normalization of data
- Able to quickly and independently discover and understand the meaning and purpose of data
- Able to recognize similar data in multiple systems even If the terminology is different
- Excellent communication skills in interacting with both 3rd party vendors and internal teams
- Able to blend data from multiple sources into a single data source, preserving the integrity and traceability of data sources
- Functional understanding of working within an Agile team, including working in sprints
- A strong understanding with large and complex datasets with particular emphasis in the construction industry is highly desirable
- The ability to innovate and think outside the box in an R&D environment with the ability to produce quick turnaround prototypes and the ability to scale as needed
- A strong understanding of SQL required
- A strong understanding of the common industry databases such as MySQL, PostgresSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Experience with ETL tools required
- Experience with data warehouse environments required
- Proficiency in either TSQL or PLSQL a plus
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor