To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kenilworth, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Accounting Associate - Virtual New Jersey
JLL • Kenilworth, NJ
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior Accounting Associate - Virtual, New Jersey
We are currently seeking a Senior Accounting Associate to join one of our client-dedicated account teams. Our ideal candidate will reside in New Jersey and work virtually from their home office. There will be a requirement to work onsite 1 time per month from the client’s location in Kenilworth, NJ.
Our Senior Accountant will perform a variety of professional level accounting duties for the IFM segment including preparing, maintaining, analyzing and reconciling moderately complex financial transactions and accounts. You will be responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the general ledgers and financial systems; account analysis and bank reconciliations, reviewing and approving expense reports; preparing monthly financial reports and the year- end close. Additionally, you may assist in compiling annual budgets and periodic forecasts for the account and completing monthly budget to actual variance analyses and tracking and reporting spend activity.
What this job involves:
- Produce timely and accurate monthly financial statements and provide analysis on information which could include supporting revenue schedules, labor reports, and expense review.
- Distribute and communicate financial results to Regional Operations Managers.
- Responsible for the monthly revenue reconciliation as well as ensure accurate recognition of revenue in compliance with contract terms.
- Produce and analyze monthly and quarterly Management Executive Committee variance reports
- Ensure that balance sheet reconciliations are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure the accounts receivable objectives and metrics are met - oversee maintenance and research on AR over 30 days past due
- Responsible for the timely and accurate recognition of revenue in compliance with contract terms
- Responsible for completion of quarterly audit work papers
- Assist in the creation of the annual plan and quarterly forecasts for the client group
Sound like you? Before you apply it’s worth knowing what we are looking for:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance required; CPA a plus
- 5+ years of accounting experience, some real estate experience preferred
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Advanced accounting and analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet applications required; experience with real estate accounting software a plus (JDE, MRI, Skyline, and/or Timberline) JDEdwards E1 knowledge a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic
- Ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure, and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload to meet client needs
- Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Understanding of and commitment to client services
- A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
What you can expect from us:
We’re an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together—across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
With us, you’ll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
Apply quoting reference REQ25222 at jll.com/careers
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.