To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Branchville, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Web/Mobile - Application Specialist
Apex Systems • Branchville, NJ
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client is seeking an Application Specialist, this is a key senior software engineering role at our client, with an emphasis on solution design, thought leadership, and producing application development results. As a member of our client's Digital Delivery team, this individual will collaborate with project team members and members of the architecture team to design, develop, and implement strategic projects, as well as maintenance and enhancements, to our mission critical applications.
This opportunity will contribute and be responsible for the application delivery and strategy of our client's Customer Self Service applications (desktop, mobile web, and native mobile), customer communication platform and integrations with various InsurTech platforms.
- Design and implement complex, multi-tier solutions using OO Principles and modern design patterns.
- Design and implement integrations between internal systems and external business to business exchanges to and from Selective’s customer portals, customer communication system, etc.
- Lead teams in design, development, creation diagrams (network, sequence, dataflow, etc), and conduct hardware planning activities.
- Ensures that projects follow the prescribed development life cycle and meet team coding standards.
- Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to developers fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Oversee the development and/or consumption of enterprise level, line of business specific, and third-party web services and integrations.
- Identify opportunities to reuse objects or delegate object development to application development teams when appropriate.
- Work closely with application architects and/or enterprise architects on application design
- Work closely with Business/System Analysts to understand business process and specific workflows within business areas.
- Assist with developing project cost and benefit estimates to establish project worth including the development of alternative considerations leading to recommendations for new systems or changes to existing ones.
- Works to continuously improve coding standards and processes (SDLC, ALM, Release, etc.) and evangelizes to others the importance and benefits.
- Possesses excellent communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with people in other departments and/or outside of the enterprise.
- Passion for designing and developing modern web solutions.
- Experience working in and leading an Agile team.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong development skills including C#, MVC, client frameworks (JQuery, etc.), SQL Server and/or Oracle, web services (WCF, JSON, REST, Web API), entity framework, SSRS, WebSphere MQ.
- Considerable experience developing/supporting enterprise web and mobile applications including a deep understanding of ASP.net lifecycles, SOA, RDBMS, IIS / J2EE application servers.
- Hands on experience working with unit testing frameworks like Nunit, moq, karma, jasmine.
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components.
- Deep understanding of various application, unit testing and integration design patterns..
- Understanding of various application security models, cryptography, and secure coding practices.
- Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments.
- College degree in Computer Science, Management Information Science, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Five to seven years of programmer/analyst experience.
- Practical OpenText Exstream knowledge / experience
- Mobile development platforms (Kony Development preferred)
- Deep knowledge of Single page application development. Leveraging frameworks like Angular
- Extensive knowledge of modern UI development best practices and commonly used modules and frameworks
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.