Reporting to the Controller, this key role is responsible for assisting with all aspects of the accounting department. The Senior Financial and Project Accountant, assists Management, with the oversight of the day to day general ledger activities while designing, testing and implementing efficiencies, and processes to complete activities in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
Works closely with Accounts Payable, Accounting Operation Managers and business unit owners ensuring all daily activity, journal entries, reconciliations and accruals are accounted for timely assisting in assuring the reliability of financial records and to support successful regulatory and financial audits, producing financial, regulatory and board reporting; annual budgeting of capital expenditure, depreciation expenses, and fee income and preparation of statistical reporting.
Reviews accounting entries and assuring the reliability of financial records for preparing financial statements and maintaining accountability for assets. Prepares financial statements and ensures that financial reports to management and third parties are done correctly and timely. While leading with an expectation of teamwork & collaboration with internal business partners across the department and the organization.
- Responsible for compilation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and NCUA and board packet.
- Responsible for the accounting of all GL entries such as the investment portfolio, Fixed Assets, Participation commercial and consumer loans, mortgage, loans sold and loan servicing rights, purchase accounting, income and expense in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist in the review of the accuracy and completeness of all month-end entries: such as, all month-end income and expense accruals, accounting of fixed assets, pre-paids, month-end journal, FAS 91 entries, payroll and benefits, and lease accounting.
- CUSO Accounting, including Financial Statements and Consolidation.
- Prepares accurate and timely Regulatory call Report, Annual Audit Financial Proforma, MSR and Mortage Loan Valuations.
- Mergers and Acquisitions valuation, purchase accounting, reporting, GL mapping, consolidation of financial statements and integration of processes, training and procedures, as well as the timely reconciliation of mergered assets and liability account balances. Adhoc Income, Expense, loan and deposit GL Analysis. Adhoc financial reports for real-time analysis. Month End General Ledger Variance analysis.
- General Ledger Management in Prologue and DNA.
- The creation of financial and statistical reporting in Prologue, Prism, ProfitStar, or source databases available.
- General Ledger analysis: prepares own reconciliations and responsible for collecting, organizing, GL analyses from other departments, reviewing for accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for ensuring that all third party servicer sub ledger reports are in balance to the credit union GLs such as third party mortgage, credit card, CRE and Consumer participation portfolios.
- Responsible for preparing miscellaneous financial and board reporting: such as delinquency, charge Off, member balances reports, ratios, yields, trend reports, etc.
- Responsible for preparing Allowance for Loan Loss analysis and calculation, CECL (credit expected credit loss) FASB rules, methodologies as well as FIP and REOs entries.
- Responsible for the annual filing of business property tax.
- Stays informed of FASB and NCUA developments in the accounting field and of changing governmental and legal requirements. Assists in the creation and maintenance of credit union policies and procedures in Accounting/Finance area.
- Other duties as asssigned.
- 5 Years’ combined progressive accounting experience in a senior role handling financial reporting, G/Ls, reconciliation, including 2 years of working experience preparing the allowance for loan loss calculation and related FASB pronouncements.
- Advanced accounting knowledge. Understanding of financial and accounting theory, GAAP, experience in researching.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
Ability to perform all respnsiblities listed.
Must possess problem solving skills, able to quickly learn new things, independent self-starter, be detail oriented, organized, conscientious and thorough with strong analytical skills and high aptitude to adapt to change quickly, while working on multiple priorities, projects and task in a fast pace, stressful and constantly changing environment.
Must be able to make rational decisions that demonstrate sound judgment and common sense.
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must have the ability to deal with and work on several projects and competing/changing priorities concurrently.
Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance. 5 or more years of related experience in the financial industry in place of a degree is acceptable.