*C&I Engineering looking for a talented driven individual to join our team in Chicago, Illinois!*
If you love solving complex engineering problems while providing quality service and developing meaningful networks with clients then C&I Engineering may be the place for you – *Especially if you have an interest in the Food & Beverage Industry!*
*About the opportunity: *
C&I is an employee-owned, full-service engineering design firm providing engineering/design/project management and procurement services to various clients. We are currently seeking a full-time (Chemical) *Process Engineer* in our Chicago office to help us achieve our company mission. This person will be part of the Process team which is responsible for developing process designs for distillery and beverage facilities among other clients - both at a high conceptual level and detailed design.
We are expanding and working on some of the largest and most complex projects in various industries such as Refining, Bourbon, Chemical, BioProducts… You name it! When we take on a project, it’s personal. We feel that even though we may only be responsible for a portion, in effect, it’s all “our” project. This sense of ownership, this unwavering commitment to excellence, and a devotion to each task are not situational. It is an integral part of our process and at the very core of who we are as a company. As we grow, we need hardworking people to help contribute to our collaborative culture and solve the engineering challenges of tomorrow.
*Responsibilities include: *
* Developing process designs for food and beverage facilities, both at a high conceptual level and detailed design
* Preparing computer analysis for heat material balances, hydraulics, modeling, etc.
* Prepare technical specifications for process equipment
* Ensuring vendor submittals meet the intended use
*Minimum requirements: *
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering from a four-year ABET-accredited engineering program (or International Equivalent) and a minimum of ten(10) years of related workOR, PE license and eight(8) years of related work experience as described
* Ability to travel domestically or internationally to oﬃces, vendor shops, and project sites. Travel may be up to 10%
* Must comply with drug-free workplace requirements.
* Must be able to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) and pass any required background checks.
* Performs work in a safe manner in accordance with C&I and client requirements.
* Valid Driver’s License
*Qualifications that set you apart (preferred): *
* Professional Engineer License
* Prior work experience in food or beverage plants, food science, or quality control
* Construction experience in processing plants
* Familiarity with food processing, CIP, and packaging
* Maintenance or Tech Service
*Why join us: *
At C&I, are committed to the safety and success of our coworkers and clients. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
* People: Building our company on diversity, development and experience
* Quality: Doing the right things right
* Ownership: Holding ourselves and our teams accountable for results
* Service: Understanding our partners and providing valued solutions
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including ESOP, a flexible work schedule, competitive compensation, paid holidays and vacation, tuition reimbursement, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, and retirement plans.
_*C&I is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.*_
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $111,000.00 - $166,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Oak Brook, IL 60523: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
* Chemical Engineering in the food & beverage industry: 5 years (Preferred)
* PE License (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Oak Brook, IL 60523
- Beverage Products
- Building Services Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Customer Identification Program
- Food Processing