To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
11720 Plaza America Drive
Reston, VA 20190
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Jr. Java Developer
Unisys Corporation • Reston, VA
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Junior Front-end Application Developer to join our team in Reston, VA, to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this position you will be:Working within a project team, led by a Software Architect, on an application modernization project to help transform an application, written in an older/legacy into modern Java. The team is creating a new application from the ground up, including a completely new interface. The development team is supported by a UX/UI design team.
Active DoD Secret Clearance Required!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- design, development, and unit testing, as well as supporting automated and manual system testing by a separate test team.
- Providing support for regression testing, user acceptance testing, system integration, production deployment, and support on-going operations and maintenance activities.
- Individual will possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills and be a US Citizen with an Active DoD Secret clearance. The primary work location is at Reston, VA.
- Work independently and collaboratively on multi-disciplined project team supporting an Agile development methodology.
- Contribute to detailed design and architectural discussions as well as customer requirements sessions to support the implementation of the modernized solution.
- Design and develop clear and maintainable code
- Complete assigned development tasks on time and on budget
- Interact with a multi-disciplined team to clarify analyze, assess requirements
- Experience in CSS, HTML and Java development experience with proven abilities to support software development activities in a software development lifecycle.
- Development using Eclipse IDE
Following knowledege / experience in the following is a plus:
- SOA and Microservice
- Agile Experience
DevOps Experience in Open Source tooling (JIRA, GitHub, Jenkins, etc.)
- DOD 8570 Certified (Security +)
Education / Certification / Clearance Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree & minimum 2 years of related experience or equivalent.
- Minimum Active DoD Secret Clearance required
- DOD 8570 Certified (Security +)
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.