Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Chief of Party
Bangladesh Agricultural Infrastructure Development Program II COP
PAE seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID-funded Bangladesh Agricultural Infrastructure Development Program II (BAIDP II) in Bangladesh. The project will focus on improving on the gains made through the [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Chief of Party project in building critical rural infrastructure to support Bangladesh’s agriculture industry.
The purpose of the Bangladesh Agricultural Infrastructure Development Program II (BAIDP) is to upgrade priority infrastructure in targeted rural farming communities by improving horizontal infrastructure (roads, irrigation and drainage systems) and vertical infrastructure (markets, collection centers and cold storage), to Increase farmer access to markets and Improve agricultural production within the 21 districts of Bangladesh.
The COP will provide leadership and technical expertise for the program and serve as the primary liaison to USAID and the Government of Bangladesh on management and technical matters. The COP will lead planning, design, oversight and communication efforts to successfully implement the project.
- Provide management, technical and leadership to completing the Agriculture Infrastructure Project.
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation and guide appropriate program adjustments
- Serve as the primary liaison between USAID and all other counterparts, implementing partners, program stakeholders, national and regional policymakers and economic agencies, private sector entities, and PAE home office management on all program-related matters
- Lead annual work planning development process, implementation of workplan activities, and delivery of annual targets
- Guide the completion of quality project deliverables to USAID and PAE
- Oversee multiple activities simultaneously, including hiring, training, mentoring, and supervising local personnel
- Build the capacity of local staff in both technical and managerial skills; and
- Ensure compliance with local labor laws, engineering standards, USAID policies, and PAE policies and procedures
- 10 years of progressively responsible and relevant experience on USAID or other donor-funded development projects
- Demonstrated technical expertise and project management of rural construction activities
- Previous experience as a Chief of Party or equivalent experience leading a project focused on rural construction, agricultural value chains or similar projects
- Demonstrated success working with local governments and stakeholders in challenging and complex environments
- Leadership, interpersonal, communication, technical and analytical skills, including an ability to interact effectively with local counterparts
- Bangladesh experience preferred, regional experience in South Asia required
- Advanced Degree in civil engineering or related subject
- PE preferred but not required
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Chief of Party
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Coaching And Mentoring