To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hamtramck, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Limited License Psychologist
Correct Care Solutions • Hamtramck, MI
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our Limited Licensed Psychologist will provide mental health services to offenders/patients at correctional and detention facilities.
- Master’s degree in psychology.
- Experience with mental health delivery systems.
- Significant professional experience in the mental field that indicates knowledge of diagnosis and treatment of psychological disorders and psychological evaluation techniques, including psychological assessment instruments
- Licensed to practice psychology at the master’s level in the state by the appropriate licensing agency.
- Provides clinical and consultation services in accordance with policies and procedures of Correct Care Solutions (CCS) and the standards of the American Psychological Association (APA), NCCHC, and ACA.
- Provides clinical services such as diagnosis and treatment of mental illness, psychological testing/assessment, psychological evaluations, treatment planning, individual and group counseling, crisis management services and other clinical services typically considered within the scope of practice of limited licensed psychologists and under the supervision of a Licensed Psychologist.
- Provides staff training on mental health issues.
- Ensures that services provided are in accordance with relevant ethical and professional standards of care.
- Participates in case staffing or care management meetings involving active clinical cases.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Ensure clinical documentation is completed professionally and in a timely manner. Maintain data regarding services rendered relevant to departmental statistical needs.
- In consultation with clinical and administrative supervisors, develops and implements goals and objectives for clinical services provided. May assist in the development and refinement of facility policies and procedures to ensure that these meet recognized standards.
- Complies with employee standards of the Facility. Compliance includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance of a working environment and personal appearance consistent with professional responsibilities, development of harmonious working relationships, and timely notification of supervisory personnel of absences from institution
- May be required to arrange and/or participate in a system of 24-hour crisis intervention services.
- Immediately notifies the Mental Health Coordinator or Director of any instances of serious suicide attempts, completed suicides, use of therapeutic restraints, or use of forced medications. Assist in review of any inadequacies with crisis intervention services and implement corrective steps as needed.
- Provides timely notification to the Mental Health Coordinator or Director of clinical concerns that may impact a client or the mental health services program
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer