Develop and manage a competitive and comprehensive benefits program to meet the company’s strategic objectives. Evaluate, recommend and lead the implementation of changes to employee benefit plans, as well as manage third party vendor partners and administrative solutions. Oversee the day-to-day activities of the benefits department and be accountable for ensuring compliance with government regulations.
Graco is a global leader in the design, development and manufacture of highly-engineered systems for numerous industrial and commercial applications. We have excellent corporate opportunities including positions in accounting, finance, information technology, purchasing, marketing, communications and human resources. Graco was proud to be named a Best Place to Work in Manufacturing and Production by Fortune Magazine in 2016 & 2018.
- Partner with Compensation and Benefits Director and EVP HR to establish long range strategic plans and priorities that drive strategic agenda.
- Conduct comprehensive analysis and in-depth studies of employee benefits programs with regard to current marketplace trends and developments, workplace demographics, competitiveness, cost containment, and legislative compliance.
- Document benchmark findings and create recommendations for enhancements, new developments and implementation to our existing benefits package.
- Keep leadership informed of new program options and improvements/ efficiencies.
- Develop coordinated communication strategy and materials to support employee understanding of all employee benefits. This includes compliance related materials as well as materials developed for the introduction of new or enhanced benefit programs.
- Lead Open Enrollment process which includes coordination of plan renewals and self insured plan pricing analysis with the enrollment process to ensure timely updates of the system and development of communication materials.
- Evaluate our current communication strategies. Benchmark potential use of web-based social media or other avenues to more effectively communicate.
- Lead and manage administration of employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; health care plans; term life insurance plans; and accidental death policies using current and prospective outsource solutions
- Serve as primary contact for benefit vendors. Manage and evaluate benefit vendor services and products, identify inefficiencies and make recommendations for service or product improvement. Oversee vendor performance to ensure contractual standards are met. Assist in negotiations with insurance agents, vendors, brokers, and consultants regarding contract provisions, pricing, and quality of service.
- Evaluate the employee benefit programs including health and welfare plans and retirement programs from an administrative and service delivery perspective. Manage third party vendors that provide benefits administration support and services.
- Conduct a comparative review of our current plans to include cost reduction, process, service improvements and administration.
- Compile and analyze statistical data as needed for vendors, consultants, plan carriers and senior management as well as forecast trends.
- Assist in implementation and communication of any approved changes to our existing plans.
- Performs staff management and administrative duties of: recruitment, training, performance evaluation and development.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field. Master's degree preferred
- Certified Benefits Professional (CEBS/ CBP) designation or in-progress
- 8+ years Benefits experience with 2+ years in a supervisory/ managerial role
- Prior retirement plan experience in United States
- Prior international benefits administration experience and communication experience preferred
- Previous experience with HRIS/ Payroll systems preferred
- Merger, acquisition and divestiture experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of cutting edge benefit programs, trends and best practices in all aspects of benefits management
- Strong facilitation skills, written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Strong financial, mathematical, and analytical skills
- Willingness to “roll up” one’s sleeves to address challenges and manage issues
- Advanced computer skills, including Excel spreadsheets, Word and PowerPoint
- Proven skill in project management
- High level of comfort working in a collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to analyze and process problems while providing an effective solution
Proven Quality. Leading Technology. Launch your career with Graco!
Graco offers attractive compensation, benefits and opportunities for both professional development and career progression. Graco’s comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, stock purchase plan, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Our expectations are high. That's why we are always looking to hire the brightest and the best!
Human Resources Information System (Hris)
Human Resource Management