Production Area Manager - Wakarusa, IN
To manage and direct the daily activities and resources of all assigned production departments. Create a world class production environment focusing on perfecting the following 4 cornerstones:
- Enforce Clayton’s safety culture by adhering to and enforcing the safety stop audit program.
- Participate in Safety training meetings as requested for continuous education on new guidelines
- Conduct routine tool and equipment safety inspection as required
- Hold team members accountable that violate the company’s safety policy
- Own green hat’s onboarding and development experience following the job skills training program including utilizing training material, tracking their development in the Responsibility Matrix and providing real-time feedback.
- You are responsible for selecting, evaluating, & retaining your team members.
- Communicate the significance of the data on Communication Center slides daily during huddles
- Coach, correct and counsel team members. Utilize the progressive discipline documentation system appropriately.
- Read and check off orders as each unit is built
- Ensure traveler is signed correctly
- Enforce the “Zero Defect Hand-off” program. All defects must be addressed in your station
- Ensure defects are corrected by the root Team Member to teach & eliminate repeat occurrences
- Conduct routine material inspections to avoid shortages and building defects into the home
- Participate in Quality training opportunities as requested for continuous education
- Ensure clean department(s) before, during and after work using 5 min clean-ups. Don’t leave until your team has the area “Clayton Clean”.
- Support ISO14001 initiatives (recycling program)
- Tool lockers and Comm centers must be “Clayton Clean” and organized
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required:
1. Demonstrate continuous willingness to learn, grow, and gain understanding as a leader in our organization
2. Demonstrate effective motivation skills and techniques to encourage team to meet performance objectives
3. Demonstrate honesty in all situations to cultivate an environment of trust
4. Demonstrate fairness in all decisions and when holding team members accountable
5. Understands prints, reads orders, and prepares team for production run in advance to ensure production goals are met
6. Be willing to see the big picture and not just the areas of assigned responsibility
Education and Qualifications:
1. Minimum 5 years' experience in production line supervision, no exception.
2. Demonstrated clear leadership attributes above and beyond normal job requirements.
3. Demonstrated positive influence with others. Promote pride in each individual for their role in the team.
4. Clear record of corrective action.
70-85k earnings depending on experience and MBO performance.
66700 STATE ROAD 19
WAKARUSA, Indiana, 46573
Product Quality Assurance