Compensation (Range): / hour $36-$40
If you are an experienced Proposal Writer looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Proposal Writer. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as a Proposal Writer will include:
- Sensus seeks to hire a contractor in the proposal team who will be responsible for producing winning proposals and following through with post proposal requests to keep a single voice through contract assignment.
- Proposals include direct Sensus engagement opportunities as well as indirect through Sensus’ wide distribution network.
- The candidate will be responsible for leading, writing, editing, and submitting proposals according to schedule.
- While many responses are a team effort, the candidate must be able to handle the entire process end to end if resource availability and workload require.
- Proposals span all Sensus solutions, gas, water, electric, and analytics with options to promote additional solutions where appropriate.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated success with the principles and best practices of proposal management, technical writing, content management systems and reuse.
Description Job Responsibilities:
- Produce quality proposal through superior project management, technical content and written abilities.
- Work quickly and independently with minimum supervision to meet scheduling requirements.
- Work with subject matter experts, attend training and participate in status meetings to become familiar with product technologies.
- Extract information from boilerplate, interviews, technical documents, and research and convert it to the appropriate level for the intended audience
- Complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology
- Peer review proposals and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format or content
- Assist with content management through continuous boilerplate updates
As a Proposal Writer you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Advanced computer skills including Adobe products is a plus Proposal production; electronic and paper distribution
- Must be flexible and have the ability to interact with all levels in the organization
- Highly motivated individual who is able to grasp complex software and hardware products quickly Demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing or a related field of study and five years of related work experience is desired
- Experience in—or familiarity with—utility industry a plus Minimal travel required
- Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility Work
As a Proposal Writer with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 41 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Proposal Writer Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
- Paid time off, including holidays
Make the most of your experience!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.