Are you up to the challenge? At ePlus, we engineer transformative technology solutions for the most visionary companies in the world. As a Solutions Architect, you will function as the technical lead for ePlus for targeted, key solution sets. You will be a key contributor in the pre-sale process, assisting the regional sales team in evaluating customer's needs, and developing solutions from concept to implementation. You will have the opportunity to work with our master architects, engineers, and consultants, to understand our clients’ needs and craft sustainable IT roadmaps to get them there.
This takes imagination, relentless client service, and the tenacity to enable our clients to achieve their visions. Our partnerships with leading-edge technology manufacturers—many of which look to us for their own technology infrastructure needs—keep us immersed across the broad spectrum of the IT ecosystem.
From strategy to fulfillment to managed services, our engineering centric solutions enable our clients to realize what it means for technology to do more.
- Provide technical expertise/credibility to account team on designated focus area
- Conduct customer presentations on ePlus value proposition and technical solution sets for assigned accounts and focus areas
- Assist sales account managers with overall account planning, as it relates to technical aspects of hardware, software, and services opportunity development
- Assist sales account managers with project management for complex presales engagements
- Complete technical sections for RFP/RFI/RFQ responses for assigned accounts
- Assist account teams with collecting customer business and technical requirements and determining ePlus recommended solution(s)
- Develop solution architecture and detailed line item configurations/bills of materials (BOMs)
- Develop proposal and/or presentation of recommended solution
- Assist with technical scoping/review for Statement of Work (SOW) for assigned accounts
- Function as liaison to end-user customer technical staff regarding solution and implementation specifics
- Function as a liaison between the sales team and professional services organization to vet solution recommendations and to complete technical portions of the SOW, as appropriate
- Function as technical liaison and ePlus ambassador with field OEM sales and technical teams
- Assist sales management with mentoring of junior sales account managers as it relates to overall opportunity management and technical solution set
- Conduct knowledge transfer with SAT members around solution updates, implementation lessons learned, etc., as relevant
- Assist ePlus sales team in dealing with customer satisfaction issues surrounding technical aspects of a recommended solution, its implementation or deployment, as needed
- Assist in developing customer get well plan, if applicable
- Assist sales and services management in identifying candidate solution areas for ePlus development or investment
- Complete training per development plan and maintain certifications in accordance with focus area
- Assist Services Director with helping improve procedures and functions
- Ensure appropriate coverage for in-process opportunities while out of office for training, vacation, PTO, etc.
- Review relevant human resources policies and procedures as well as conduct and expense guidelines and ensure compliance
- Participate in weekly SAT planning conference calls
- Complete administrative tasks (expenses, time reporting) in a timely fashion
- Adept at building solutions for clients in one of the following; networking, security or data center solutions.
- Active listener, naturally curious, always looking to do the right thing for clients
- Pre-sales support
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent oral presentation skills
Education and Experience:
- Certifications in applicable technology preferred
- College degree or applicable work experience..
- Two or more years experience in designing or implementing complex network or systems/storage solutions.
- Three or more years of experience in providing pre-sales engineering support.