To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Rosa, NM 88435
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CORRECTIONAL TECHNICIAN-12 HR
The GEO Group, Inc. • Santa Rosa, NM
Posted 28 days ago
Facility: GUADALUPE COUNTY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position assists in providing lower level security services within the facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures incoming inmates and personnel have proper identification to enter and travel within the facility.
- Responds to visitor questions and telephone calls using proper etiquette and facility procedures.
- Ensures the proper use of key watch program.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations following established facility procedures.
- Observes security monitors to assist in properly identifying and monitoring inmate movement.
- Ensures proper distribution and return of radios and other equipment used within the facility.
- Maintains a log of all facility activities
- Maintains cleanliness of Master Control, Front Desk and the Reception area
- Ensures that restricted keys are issued only to authorized personnel.
- Maintains the employee accountability board
- Maintain accurate facility counts in accordance with the facility count room.
- Notifies Shift Supervisor any fire or security alarms.
- Maintains Central Control Office at all times. Ensures that inmates do not gain access to area.
- In the absence of a Correctional Officer assigned to the metal detector, monitors traffic into the facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Previous working experience within a correctional facility preferred.
- Ability to make correct decisions quickly and accurately.
- Ability to maintain alertness and attention to detail for the period of a full shift.
- Ability to learn and comprehend all facility policies and procedures.
- Ability to use tact when interacting with others within or outside of the facility.