To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elkhart, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Generalist
KIK Custom Products • Elkhart, IN
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods (“CPG”), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multi-billion dollar household and personal care (“HPC”), over-the-counter (“OTC”), pool additives and automotive aftermarket categories, we serve over 100 CPG companies and several major North American HPC and automotive aftermarket retailers, including many of the leading players in their respective categories. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 29 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America.
Our 2 Elkhart, Indiana plants collectively contain 10 aerosol lines, 7 liquid lines, 3 tube lines, and 2 packaging lines. Elkhart's plants blend, fill and package a wide variety aerosol and liquid personal care, pharmaceutical, and OTC consumer packaged goods and is an FDA regulated facility.
KIK's Human Resources Generalist is responsible for successful management of Human Resources policy and procedures for the assigned group at KIK Elkhart's West plant. This includes staffing and recruitment, compensation and benefits, performance management, training and development, employee relationships and other duties to ensure maximum effectiveness of the Human Resources function. This position reports to and provides critical day to day support for the site HR Manager. This individual will be responsible for HR initiatives and activities at our West plant located on Superior Street.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the recruitment and staffing of non-exempt level positions and occasionally exempt positions.
- Ensures adequate training in the areas of new employee orientation, safety training, management training, benefits etc.
- Provides policy and procedure explanation and employee benefits information to newly hired employees and current employees, as necessary.
- Administers coaching/ counseling and/ discipline as appropriate. Maintains a positive and effective relationship with the workforce in an effort to accomplish business goals.
- Administers the attendance programs for hourly employees and leave administration for all employees.
- Assists in the implementation of HR programs at the assigned plant locations.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties for the Human Resources Manager. Prepares correspondence, memos and reports, documentation and filing.
- Bachelor degree ( or higher) required in area of discipline
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in a generalist role in a manufacturing plant.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision and work as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills
- Solid understanding of HR fundamentals
- Ability to effectively handle employee matters across multiple locations
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a career with KIK!
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.