Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Sighting
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: URL blocked - click to apply or follow us on URL blocked - click to apply.
Develop and implement methods, systems, and procedures to assure the most cost efficient manufacturing results for complex or specialized products (specifically Electro - Optical). Reviews product designs and recommends changes for optimum producibility. Support New Product Introduction both internal and external along with support of proposal writing and cost estimations.
- Review and evaluate or develop manufacturing processes to include run-times and bill-of-material, and initiate actions for adaptations or modifications to machinery or equipment for efficient production conditions.
- Develop and implement methods, systems and procedures for the manufacture of complex or specialized products, ensuring efficient, cost-effective manufacturing results.
- Review and evaluate product design plans for specialized, technically complex devices, sub-systems and systems, making recommendations for optimum producibility as part of an NPI team.
- Coordinate efforts with quality and facility personnel providing specialized technical assistance and guidance to assure efficient production operations.
- Establish appropriate test parameters, procedures, strategies and equipment coordinating with Test Engineering and Quality Control to assure efficient results.
- Perform special analyses of processes and methods, manufacturing capabilities and equipment utilization and recommend improvements for optimum production efficiency.
- Coordinate manufacturing project efforts with methods, quality, and facility personnel in establishing efficient production operations, work place layout, and facilities.
- Plan, establish, and approve the selection and sequence of manufacturing operations and processes to minimize costs and production problems.
- Assure the generation of complete instructions and procedures. Coordinate the introductory efforts with personnel in other functions, such as Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing. Maintain program status information.
10. May instruct and direct the efforts of employees on a project basis.
11. Conduct feasibility studies relative to plans for new or modified production efforts.
12. Maintain effective liaison with vendors and other departments to provide resolution of producibility problems.
13. Demonstrated knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodologies such as:
- Continuous Flow
- Lean Discipline
- Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Kanban, Visual Controls
- Design of Experiments
14. Perform other related duties as assigned.
List any unique working conditions or physical demands in this job:
- Possess a strong desire to improve the business
- Ability to drive change towards objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication
- Problem solving, analytical, and process improvement skills / experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering and 4‑8 years of military sight programs or relevant experience.
- Electro - Optical Manufacturing Experience required.
Elbit Systems of America is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.