This position is responsible for the outside sale of generators and other related products by contacting existing customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory. Customers and prospects will be contacted in person, by phone and by email to address needs for new generators and transfer switches.
Nature and Scope:
The Sales Rep. will be responsible for selling generators and transfer switches of all makes and models that TPS offers. Detailed quotes will be prepared describing exactly what the customer requested and will be receiving. All quotes will be prepared using the Taylor Power Quote System.
This position will work closely with the General Sales Manager to assure that all inquiries provided are followed up on and that all quoted pricing is agreed upon. Coordination with the Inside Salesperson will be required.
Duties will also include making presentations to customer groups, trade associations, and working at tradeshows during time periods as required. Presentations will require the use of Microsoft PowerPoint and speaking to large groups.
In addition to meeting the needs of customers, this position will contact any prospect that might need a generator or projects that call for a generator in the bid market. Identifying prospects will require a daily awareness while traveling and making sales calls to find generator users. Regular communication with the General Sales Manager will also be required to learn of new sales opportunities.
This position will report to the General Sales Manager and will receive additional direction and support from the General Manager, TPS.
- Provide immediate response to any sales inquiry from customers or prospects.
- Prepare detailed and descriptive written quotations.
- Efficiently use computers, databases and software programs to provide fast responses to customers.
- Submit timely call reports and expense reports.
- Assure a professional appearance with customers.
- Develop strong working relationships with customers to assure long term, repeat business.
- Communicate regularly with the General Sales Manager to discuss sales leads and opportunities.
- Become a part of customer trade associations and groups to promote our company, products and services.
- Previous sales experience, preferably in a manufacturing setting.
- Good mechanical knowledge of generators and transfer switches.
- Computer skills to include use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Email.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed written bid specifications.
- Ability to call on customers and prospects at all levels of business.
- Proficient at following up with customers on quotes that have been provided.
- Must work well with others and possess good people skills.
- BA degree in Marketing preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
CareerBuilder Estimated Salary
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 1543/1246
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.