This position will manage a team of 8-10 employees and work closely with the VP of Operations and General Manager to ensure an efficient, organized, and timely workflow.
Duties and Expectations
- Plan and implement overall shipping strategies and warehouse logistics
- Use shipping and warehouse software to organize and prioritize shipping activities (Business Central System)
- Oversee the entire shipping process
- Suggest solutions for process optimization
- Inspect labels and barcodes
- Supervise and oversee shipping and warehouse team members
- Build and maintain professional relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders (such as shipping workers, warehouse workers, vendors, purchasing managers, suppliers etc.)
- Identify shipping/warehouse issues and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Create and present reports for upper management
- Training new or current employees in procedures
- Audit and report inventory while making recommendations on items to order and restock
- Manage warehouse associates, monitoring their work and ensuring work is being done and equipment is being used safely
- Establish warehouse logistics, practices and protocols to ensure an efficient warehouse
- Cross train with other managers to ensure smooth workflow in absence.
- Communicate with other departments and locations to maintain a productive and efficient workflow
- Min 2 years of experience as a Shipping/Warehouse Manager directly overseeing multiple employees.
- Knowledge of logistics operations and shipping procedures and documents
- Hands on experience with shipping and distribution software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)- Experience with Microsoft Business Central a plus but not required.
- Good leadership skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Hands on, “On the Floor” Mentality
- High school diploma preferred.
- BA in supply chain, logistics or similar relevant field preferred but not required. Contact:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Warehouse Manager
- Critical Thinking
- Distribution Softwares