To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Greenfield, IN 46140
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Eli Lilly • Greenfield, IN
Posted 1 month ago
Region North America
Company Overview Elanco is a global animal health company that develops products and knowledge services to prevent and treat disease in food animals and pets in more than 90 countries. With a 64-year heritage, we rigorously innovate to improve the health of animals and benefit our customers, while fostering an inclusive, cause-driven culture for more than 5,800 employees. At Elanco, we’re driven by our vision of food and companionship enriching life – all to advance the health of animals, people and the planet. Learn more at www.elanco.com.
Responsibilities The Director of Financial Consolidations will be a key contributor to the Elanco Accounting and Reporting team. The position is responsible for the Corporate Financial Closing process and the overall Corporate Consolidation of financial results.
- The supervision and review of work performed by a staff of approximately two associates
- Corporate audit and quality checks during the monthly close
- Overseeing preparation and review of consolidating
- Adjusting journal entries
- Troubleshooting accounting issues with affiliates, country/regional analysts, various shared services centers, US accounting operations, team members and team members of Elanco Corporate Accounting and Reporting
- Providing accounting operational and technical guidance to assure compliance with US GAAP and Elanco Global Accounting Policies and Practices
- Liaise with Corporate Tax, Corporate Treasury, and external auditors on a regular basis
- Technical accounting research
- Overseeing preparation and review of government reports;
- Special projects as they arise
- Self-initiated continuous process improvement implementation.
This position also focuses on control functions necessary to support Sarbanes Oxley requirements and leads Elanco Corporate Accounting and Reporting’s efforts to maintain compliance as well as compliance with other corporate initiatives such as Record Information Management (RIM) and Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- Supervision and development of staff
- Ownership of the corporate consolidation process
- Publish internal consolidated financial statements
- Ownership of the Elanco Accounting and Reporting SOx processes and documentation compliance
- Provide accurate and timely technical and operational accounting guidance to affiliates and business partners
- Coordinate corporate consolidation related systems testing
- Integration of acquisitions
- Lead process improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Active CPA
- Minimum 8 years of experience in public and/or corporate accounting
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing people
- Firm knowledge of US GAAP and global accounting
- Solid accounting skills are necessary
- Previous experience in an accounting controllership environment and public accounting experience preferred
- Strong leadership and communication skills are necessary, as the position requires communication with associates and management in many geographic areas
- Experience with large, multi-national corporations
- Understand ERP systems. Working knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Strong self-management, project management and supervisory skills
- Solid independent problem solving skills and ability to be innovative and creative
Additional Information Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status