Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is an integral member of the new Digital Imaging Segment of Teledyne Technologies. Imaging Sensors provides advanced imaging solutions for a variety of customers, including the DoD, NASA, prime system integrators, and commercial customers. In the civilian space arena, Teledyne sensors are the most advanced sensors on board the Hubble space telescope, and they are also found on board the majority of NASA space probes and ground based telescopes. In the DoD arena, Teledyne sensors are integrated into several major systems for persistent surveillance, chemical detection, and target identification, among others.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Sr. Accounting and Government Compliance Manager will play a key role in the accounting functions, internal control processes, government compliance and management reporting for Teledyne Scientific & Imaging.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages staff accountants
- Responsible for Gross Receivables, Unbilled Receivables, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Billing, Inventory, General Ledger and Journal Entries.
- Responsible for revenue recognition in compliance with ASC 606.
- Drives an accurate and timely month end close process
- Ensures accounting practices comply with FAR and CAS regulations
- Maintains accounting policies and works closely with Pricing, Program Control, Contracts, Purchasing and Financial Planning to maintain consistent and compliant practices across the organization.
- Partners with operations group to ensure inventory valuation and count accuracy.
- Manages physical inventory and fixed asset audits
- Responsible for review and approval of account reconciliation review and making recommendations in improving the overall process.
- Works with offsite accounting support to ensure accuracy and understanding of transactions.
- Leads improvements in working capital and provides meaningful metrics to the organization.
- Ensures purchase card transactions comply with policy.
- Responsible for maintaining Accounting policies and procedures. Must establish desk instructions for month end close process, quarterly and annual routine submissions to corporate office.
- Responsible for SOX narratives and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) Disclosure Statement
- Reviews and approves annual incurred cost proposal.
- Oversees activities in the preparation and submission of audit and tax packs, quarterly variance reporting, quarterly roll-forward reporting, annual surveys and all other reporting deadlines.
- Manages internal and external audits in support of SOX and Government Compliance.
- Reviews and approves bids and proposals
- Supports the Director of Finance and Controls in special projects to improve overall efficiency, eliminating process waste and improving company profitability.
- Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms and behaviors
- Responsible for hiring, employee motivation, development, mentoring, counseling, discipline and performance reviews
- Assists in the development and administration of the department’s overall budget
- Monitors projects to ensure completion on or ahead of schedule
Qualifications & Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
- Knowledge of DoD program cost and schedule management practices or similar SOX compliance regulations
- Must be comfortable managing multiple projects with high priorities and ability to produce quality results in a tight timeframe
- Ability to effectively interface with both internal and external management and personnel
- Clearly communicates and presents data, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of financial analysis/reporting, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), FAR/DFAR and applicable government billing systems (WAWF)
- Knowledge of Accounting, Contracts and Subcontracts procedures
- Knowledge and experience in GAAP
- Knowledge of project management and project control tools such as Costpoint, TM1, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Displays exemplary ethics and business conduct and performs work cognizant of safe work practices
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or related field
- MBA or CPA preferred
- Experience in operational finance, including financial analysis, cost accounting, forecasting and planning, and accounting
- Experience interacting with internal and external auditors
Other Qualifications: ITAR regulations dictate that information and material pertaining to defense and military related technologies may only be shared with US Persons unless authorization from the Department of State is received or a special exemption is used.
• U.S. Person for access to ITAR-Controlled Technical Data
A 'U.S. person' can be
- A U.S. citizen;
- A permanent resident who does not work for a foreign company, a foreign government, or a foreign governmental agency/organization;
- A political asylee;
- A part of the U.S. government, or
- A corporation, business, organization, or group that is incorporated in the United States under U.S. law.
- A foreign person is any person who is not a lawful permanent resident of the US and includes foreign governments and organizations.
- Ability to travel (domestically/internationally) approximately 10%.
What can Teledyne offer YOU?
A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Life Insurance Benefits
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Fun Events throughout the year
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email URL blocked - click to apply or call Phone number blocked - click to apply. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Due to classified work at the facility and related access restrictions, successful applicants must maintain U.S. Citizenship to allow the person to hold a U.S. Government security clearance.
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. ? If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email Email blocked - click to apply
or call Phone number blocked - click to apply
. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.