Job Title: Robotic Programmer
Reports to: Integration Manager
Shift: Multiple Shifts; Potential of 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift; Full-time (weekends, as needed)
VIZIENT® MANUFACTURING SOLUTIONS, INC.
Vizient® Manufacturing Solutions, Inc. is a robotic integrator specializing in custom engineered tooling and automated arc welding systems for general and heavy fabrication applications. All of the products are engineered and manufactured in-house for complete control over product quality and project timelines. Our diverse customer group provide interesting and challenging work for our employees and ensures profitable growth for our company.
Vizient is a division of Lincoln Electric Automation™ in the General Industries group.
A Robotic Programmer works with the engineering and integration teams at Vizient by preparing automation systems to customer order specifications. This includes working with the customer on application or process development, programming structures and system functionality. Applications include, but are not limited to assembly, grinding, machine tending, material handling and welding.
- Take initiative to meet challenging project timelines and hour budgets;
- Coordinate front-end reach reviews to ensure success of robotic application;
- Coordinate, implement and verify off-line programming efforts and online implementation of programming;
- Assist in field start-up and customer training when necessary;
- Uphold company quality objectives and play an active role in reaching continuous improvement objectives;
- Installation and configuration of appropriate hardware and software options;
- Assist in the integration, start-up and debugging of plant floor equipment;
- Ability to improve cycle time and throughout by adjusting robot path or functions;
- Willingness to travel as required; and
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Experience / Skills:
- High attention to detail and quality;
- Ability to plan and execute daily and weekly scheduled tasks;
- Ability to keep work area clean and organized;
- Aptitude for providing directions to peers within the department;
- Excellent team player with organizational and time management skills;
- Safely operate fork trucks and overhead cranes;
- Ability to read and interpret weld symbols;
- Skill in the use of computers, specifically a PC, Windows-based operating environment;
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports;
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations; and
- Commitment to company values.
Nonessential Skills and Experience:
- Safety (OSHA, SDS), ANSI (RIA) standards;
- Microsoft Office Suite;
- Active Collab Project Management Software;
- PTC Windchill to use with Creo; and
- Salesforce CRM software.
Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S):
- Understand the Company’s EH&S Policy and how it relates to this job;
- Be aware of OSHA & EPA laws and regulations as well as Vizient’s rules and policies that pertain to this job;
- Work in a safe and environmentally friendly manner and observe all company EH&S procedures;
- Immediately notify the supervisor if there is any safety hazard, any equipment not operating correctly or if there are any questions regarding EH&S procedures; and
- Attend required EH&S training.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, the employee is typically required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bend; squat; climb; see, talk and hear. Be able to climb ladders; lift hand tools approx. 1-15 lbs. in weight to complete machine assembly, parts up to 50 lbs. Repetition with activity. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate; temperature in the assembly area may fluctuate with the seasons as the production area is not air conditioned.
Vizient Manufacturing Solutions, Inc. and Lincoln Electric are Equal Opportunity Employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Computer Aided Three Dimensional Interactive Application (Catia)