Paper, Vacuums, and Encyclopedias. All things we don't sell! That's good for you because it's a lot more fun to sell products that you're passionate about, such as beer, wine and spirits! We are a top beverage sales company looking for a proven sales professional to out-hustle the competition and help make our local bars, grocery stores and restaurants successful with their beverage choices. Our Account Managers tell us they love our diverse portfolio, their independence, the great customers they build relationships with, and their awesome co-workers!
Eat. Sleep. Sell Spirits. Repeat: Our Account Managers sell beverages to customers in their assigned territory while continuing to expand their knowledge of the beverage categories. We choose Account Managers who can balance multiple priorities, have a passion for sales, are goal-oriented, problem-solvers and are determined to take risks and win. This full-time position is On-Premise account focused, requires previous sales experience, availability Monday-Friday and you must currently reside or be willing to relocate to the Wayne County area.
Like a fine wine, Imperial Beverage has been getting better with age since 1933. We are a Michigan family-owned beverage distributor and we are passionate about helping others succeed at work and in the community. We only hire those with passion, hard work, integrity, and a strong customer focus. Once all the work is done at our fast-paced company, we also like to have fun and lots of it!
Will work for beer? Great! Working for a beverage distributor has its perks. Not only will you get to learn about and sample our products, but we also include health, dental and vision insurance, a generous PTO policy, a 401K match, awesome company events like tickets to baseball games and weekend camping trips, and reimbursement for taxi rides to promote safe driving.
A Day in the Life
- Using iPad, review sales route for the day
- Create plan for each stop, which can include product samples and deciding which products could help each account succeed
- Grab an energy drink, jump in your car, and start driving to your first account
- Greet the purchaser/manager at the account
- Work your product in the account, which can include filling shelves, rotating, checking backstock, tracking what needs to be replenished and focusing on what the account needs
- Discuss ideas and get approval for replenishment and new product placement from purchaser/manager
- Upload the orders
- Repeat several times per day
- Create recap from each account to assist with next visit and to notify merchandisers of updates
- Rewrite beer, wine or cocktail lists with accounts
- Sample and learn about products with our suppliers
- Hand-sell products to consumers at beer or wine dinners
- Volunteer at local festivals
- Assist with store resets
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
- Sales experience required, beverage sales experience preferred
- 21 years of age or older
- Must live in assigned market
- Reliable vehicle
- Flexibility to work varying hours to accommodate customer needs and special events
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with various types of people
- Desire to stay up-to-date on industry trends and product knowledge
- Ability to attain a Michigan Liquor Control Commission license
- Ability to lift/carry an average of 30 lbs.
- Business Development
- Customer Relationship Management
- Sales Management
- Customer Retention
- Client Service Management